Friday, February 12, 2010

Hats....

Every Texas gal needs a pink Texas Ranger Cap....

this is one of my daughters hats...
she looks so cute in it...

newspaper boy hat....

a floppy hat....

I love hats....all kinds....
remember when a lady always wore a hat....
what a great thing for a bad hair day...
keep the hot Texas sun off your head and face...
keep you warm when it's cold outside...
remember the crazy hats women wore back
in the 50's.....there is an old picture of my
Great Grandmother with a hat on...
I used to think she was wearing a flower pot
on her head....my Mom told me no it was a hat...
wish I could find that photo....

6 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

You have some great hats Deb! That's so funny about the flower pot thing, some of those hats were so ugly back then. Hugs, Cindy

Karen said...

Cute hats! I think I know the type of flower pot hat you are referring too. They were so popular. Wish I could have saved my mother's.
Great post.
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek
P.S. - Buddy Holly "gone too soon"

Loretta said...

Cute hats Deb. As a child I always wore a French beret because it was part of my catholic school uniform. I have kind of a wide head so most hats don't fit well. I've had hats just pop off my head when I pull them down! he-he Hugs, Loretta

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Watch it, Girlie!!! >,-) With sayin' things like; "...remember those crazy hats women wore back in the 50's". I'll have you know that I wore a few hats, back in the 50's [cause I was born way back in 1937] and none of my hats were crazy. >,-)

My hats were very simple and cute. Oh well sure, I suppose now and then, I did get a little "carried away." But not often! >,-))))))

Getting back from frivolity, I never missed not having to wear them. But covering face from sun, is a goooood thing. I have a cute straw hat for that, I do!!! :-)

Enjoy your hats!!!

Tara said...

Cute hats! They come in mighty handy on bad hair days!

Cheryl said...

I remember when I was about 6 or so I had a pretty white hat with a blue ribbon on it to wear for Easter! I don't wear hats unless I have to, like now that winter is here! Your hats are very pretty so I could probably wear one of them.