Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This....that...and the other....

It is officially fall on the calendar....

but here in Texas....
we are bouncing back and forth....

our temps are jumping back in forth...
70's to upper 90's..

fall decorations are popping up every where you look...

football is in full swing...
baseball is headed for the play offs..
Go RANGERS.....

believe it or not....
Christmas decorations are showing up at the stores..
now this drives me nuts....
it's too early....
I understand craft stores....
people that are making gifts and decorations....
need the supplies now....
but the Dollar Store....

I'm not enjoying it being dark in the mornings...
it sure makes it hard to get up....

 
the below 100 temps are a lot nicer...
love being able to spend more time outdoors...
without feeling like I'm in an oven...

these photos were all taken at my Mom's...
her backyard is a nice little sanctuary...
she spends a lot of time out here...
I can see why....
very relaxing...peaceful....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do tend to rush Christmas...soon they will keep the decorations up all year long. The photos of your Mom's backyard sanctuary are very inviting. Darla

Jeanie said...

Our temps are also a little more like summer than fall right now, but is definitely looking like fall. I am in no way ready for Christmas decorations yet...I haven't even thought much about Halloween yet.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I hate how the retailers rush the seasons, too. It used to be Christmas didn't come out until after Thanksgiving--now they hardly wait for Halloween to be over!

Your Mom does a beautiful job of decorating her sanctuary!

Bev said...

I love fall...and yes it is to early for Christmas!

nancygrayce said...

Here in Florida we don't know what Fall means??? Maybe a cooler day or morning here and there. Besides that, it's still summer! :)

nanny said...

We're having high 70's some low 80's......I love the cool mornings with the windows up.

TexWisGirl said...

the 90s are still a bit hard to take this week for some reason. oh well. fall will come...

Joani said...

It's been HOT here in Arizona too. There have been a few cool mornings and I've enjoyed being out. I only recently planted petunias and geraniums as well as a couple of tomatoes. See how they do. Still more to plant but it's just too HOT. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

Tanna said...

I tell you, Deb, your photos just get better all the time!! LOVE your new header photo.

I hate the Christmas decorations being out already, too! I have enjoyed the break in the heat; even 94 feels great after this summer! blessings ~ tanna

Linda said...

I love your mom's place! I walked Lucy tonight.....89 degrees! I heard it was going to be in the 70's Friday! Of course WE will be down south in San Marcos where it will proabaly still be in the 90's. Will it EVER be 'sweater weather?'

SquirrelQueen said...

I love your mom's backyard, that would be a great place to hang out. Our temps cooled off and we are staying in the high 70's, low 80's but that probably won't last much longer. This is the time of the year I really love, not too hot or cold.

Deb said...

Go Rangers! I'm ready to dig my Fall decorations out of the attic. Maybe this weekend.

Janie said...

I like the Halloween decorations, but I agree it's way too early for Christmas stuff to be out in stores.

Judy said...

You are complaining about it being dark in the mornings, and I am saying that it is nice to have the sunrise around when I am conscious...