Monday, April 23, 2012

I think I'm the last Texan to post bluebonnets...
I hope you can stand seeing a few more...
but this was the first chance I've had to photograph them...
we went to Joe Pool Lakes on sunday...
there were still a lot left.....

It was a beautiful day...
the sun was shining...
there was a cool breeze...
we brought Rooster with us...
he enjoyed laying around being lazy...

the state park was full of families...
it was so nice seeing everyone out enjoying themselves...
I couldn't believe folks were actually swimming...
the water is still too cool for me...
of course Rooster didn't mind...

we had a nice weekend...
Saturday we got my last 3 cages for my tomatoes...
I bought 4 more strawberry plants...
I bought some marigolds...hopefully they will help...
keep the skeeters off my patio...
Saturday night we watched little britches...
we took him and Rooster to the park...
I don't know who had more fun...
It was funny I asked hubby...
are we going to the P*A*R*K (spelling it)
little britches shouted out PARK...
we both just looked at each other...
he said Yeah park...slide....
so off we went...
when we got back...after a snack..
little britches and Papaw sat in the floor...
played with trucks and cars for over an hour...
they were both ready for bed....
Sunday hubby and I went to brunch...then the lake...
came home for a nap...
then our daughter joined us to take Rooster to the park...
A very nice weekend was had by all...
How was your weekend???

9 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

You can post all the photos of bluebonnets, which you want! They are so beautiful. -happy sigh-

And it's thanks to Lady Bird Johnson, that you in TX, have so many to enjoy today, yes?

So called wild flowers? Is there anything more lovely? Nahhhh... :-)

T'was rainy and cool up in these parts, so it wasn't a get-out-side weekend. But we need the rain, so everyone says. Me, I dislike days and days, without some sunlight. -sighhhhh-

It’s one thing to be an individual;
but it’s another thing to be an individual
at the cost of the people around you.

~Jack Grisham

Deb said...

I never get tired of seeing bluebonnet pictures. That first one with the butterfly is beautiful!

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a great time. smart little britches!

MadSnapper said...

mine was totally boring compared to yours. i love the park and looked it up on the net. man made, THEY did something right this time. our dogs can spell just like LB... we spell they KNOW
when i was a child, mother and her sister would want to go to the beach or the show, that is movie in southern talk, and they would talk in pig latin, i learned really fast what
eachbay or owshay meant.

MadSnapper said...

got so wrapped up i forgot to say your blue bonnets are fantastic. never to many blue bonnets

Joani said...

It was HOT here in Phoenix....104. Hopefully, today is suppose to be the last 100 for awhile....maybe rain sometime this week. That would be nice. Enjoyed the blue bonnets. There haven't been many desert flowers around here cuz there has not been any rain. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Your bluebonnets are just lovely deb! I feel like I have totally missed them having been in Hawaii most of the time that they were blooming. Have a great day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well I have to say that these are some of the best pictures of bluebonnets that I have seen!

Carla said...

Never tire of Bluebonnets. I only got pictures of wildflowers. Well I got a couple of bluebonnets on our Wild Weekend. Wild like Wildflowers. LOL.