Wednesday, June 19, 2013

 painting is still one of Hotrods favorite things to do....
he is also learning to use scissors...
I read that cutting playdoh and straws is a great way to work
on their skills...so we are going to give it a whirl...
he tends to use his left hand more with the scissors...
right now he uses both hands to do things...
and seems to be as strong with both hands...
 here is one of our crafts from last week...
we used a T P roll...
Hotrod smeared peanut butter on it...
rolled it in bird seed...
I think he had as much on him...as the roll got...
then we tied it to the tree with yarn...
one of the baby squirrels went to town on the one
we put on the pecan tree...
this one we hung from the clothes line...
the little sparrows have been eating it...
 we have sunflowers...
they are getting taller every day...
I love sunflowers...
 our squash and cucumbers are busting at the seams...
we are trying to keep them contained...
but they have different ideas....
 these are the Zinnias Hotrod and I planted...
from seed in the old wheel barrow....


 
these are the ones we planted in a pot....
Today I surprised Hotrod...
I took him to the petting zoo...for the first time this summer...
I didn't take the camera...I just wanted him to have fun...
and I knew we couldn't stay long...
I did take some photos with my cell phone...
when we left I asked him his favorite animal...
the rabbit won...he had so much fun petting one...
second was the donkey...he stood and pat it for a long time..
the donkey's name was Little Jack...
he enjoyed the petting also...
it is about a mile from my house...
we will be visiting more....


6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a great time for the two of you. i like your zinnias. :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Great activities!

Happy the trip to the Petting Zoo went so well. :-)

Wishing you a lovely Midsummer's Eve!!!
"Auntie"

Just Mags said...

Oh, my! Sweet Deb you and Hotrod have green thumbs for sure. All your plants are beautiful. I can't believe he is already going to be 3, my how time does fly by. Petting zoos are so much fun. I loved taking my kiddies and grands when they were young. Very nice pictures! Hugs

MadSnapper said...

i love a petting zoo, no matter what is in it... wonderful for him it is so close by... and i think it was great to leave the camera home, when i carry mine i focus on photos and forget the people i am with.

Judy said...

I look forward to seeing the photos from your next trip to the petting zoo!!!
I finally got my ladybug images posted!

nancygrayce said...

You are making a lifetime of memories with Hotrod!

Love that birdseed idea!

Your flowers are so pretty. I especially love sunflowers.