Sunday, February 15, 2015

Texas Proud

 In Texas...
we are very proud of our state...
I haven't been to Austin since my son was a baby...
I haven't seen the Capitol building since I was a kid...
 I was very excited to see it...
and of course...
I had to take lot's of photos...
 it was a pretty quiet day....
not a lot going on outside...
we did not go inside...
 I found out later...
a childhood friend of mine that lives in the Austin area...
had been there just a few hours before us...
she was there for a ceremony...
her husband is an officer...

We had a very nice weekend...
but of course it is always nice to be back HOME...

6 comments:

Linda said...

I hope to go there next weekend! I want to eat at Juan in a Million restaurant that was featured on a food channel.
Great pics!!!

Sandra said...

reading this i realized I have lived in 3 states and have never seen the capitol of any of the 3... wonder what that says about me..

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is one gorgeous Capital Building! Hopefully I will visit Austin someday. I hear the weather is lovely there, not as humid as some Texas towns.

Deb said...

You are right Debby it's not as humid in Austin

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Austin is a fun spot to visit. We were down last spring a couple of times; you've got me ready to go again! Great photos of the capitol, Deb!!

TexWisGirl said...

austin is a neat town. it's been years since i've been there, too.