Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Looking for that magic cure...

I have had a lot of people ask me "How did you do it" looking for a answer....
I have asked that question of others so many times....what works....what doesn't work...
if you eat this one day....the next day only eat this....try this book...try this pill....try
this diet...do this exercise...We are all looking for a miracle cure to loose weight....
well guess what... I found out there is no miracle cure....you know what really works???
I mean it is hard to believe.....but stop eating so much...and exercise more....wow....that
can't be it....no....there has to be some quick sure fired miracle to do it....I've been yo-yoing
for years...up and down.... more up than down....and finally it hit me....quit eating like a pig...
eat small amounts...healthy veggies....fruits...low fat meats....and quit making food the
focus of your life....and when you exercise do what you enjoy with the people you enjoy...
stop worring...you can't solve everyone elses's problems and worrying about them won't
make them better....so I've lost 66 lbs. since April....and you know what...I haven't starved
to death...and food isn't my main focus anymore....life is.....Something finally clicked in
my brain..... tell me how you stay healthy....or are getting healthy.....

7 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

Deb, my hat's off to you, congrats on the weight loss. That has got to make you feel so good! And you know, you are absolutely right, too many people want some miracle diet or cure. Willpower and determination to exercise are what it takes.

Hugs girl! ;)

Deb said...

thank you! just taking it one day at a time....

Judy said...

Hey, Deb, Congratulations on the weight loss!! That is such a major accomplishment! And de-cluttering at the same time!! Even more major!
You asked where my fishing pole was - well, I had a couple hours work in that building, so I was not dressed for fishing!

Tanna said...

Awesome! Congratulations on "getting it" and sticking to it! I wish I could really "get it." I can understand the concept... I think getting it goes much deeper. You are amazing!

Janie said...

Big congratulations on the weight loss. You must feel great!
I think you've hit upon the formula. Eating smaller, healthieer meals and staying active. Sounds too simple, but it usually works if a person can stick to his/her guns.

Tracey said...

Congratulations....You have done awesome!

Loretta said...

That's amazing Deb! How wonderful you must feel. You are so right, portion control and choosing healthy foods are the key. I've never eaten so much chicken in my life! I'm finding that I can live like this, without being hungry all the time and without getting discouraged, and the scale keeps moving in the right direction! Yay for you! I look forward to the day when I can have a small piece of cake or some ice cream without feeling horribly guilty! Congratulations on a fabulous job! Hugs, Loretta