Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Okay....I admit it....I'm a..........

I'm a serious packrat.....I am becoming a recovering packrat.....

I had box upon box of papers that my kids did in school....and vacation bible school....

I went through and randomly picked out a few things....and guess what.....I through

the rest away....talk about feeling free....we had a storage building for several years payed

$80 a month to hold our junk....we went down and pulled out the things we couldn't

live without....then went back with a trailor and hauled it all of....whew.....such a relief...

then I hit my storage building in my back yard....put tons of stuff on the street.....

posted it on Craigslist....all gone...yipee......yahoo.....

went through my closet.....since I've lost weight most did not fit....out the door...

to the curb...no looking back....as something gets to big....it is gone...no hanging

on...no looking back....only forward.... that's my confession for the day...

What's yours???

5 comments:

Together We Save said...

That is great!! I have a hard time with the pack rat thing too!! But I am really trying to work on it. The TV show clean sweep really has me thinking.....

Janie said...

I"m a terrible packrat, but whenever I do clean out the unnecessary stuff, I feel so much lighter! Congrats on getting it done.

Carol said...

Wow, sounds like you had a gigantic clean out! And it seems its a relief also. Good for you!

xinex said...

I betcha this makes you breath a lot better. Wish I could have the energy to do it also also we have done a lot of organizing in the attic...Christine

Tanna said...

Deb... you have ALMOST got me inspired to start clearing out! Almost... Keep the inspiration coming!!