Wednesday, March 14, 2012


Today I'm joining World Bird Wednesday
found this guy at the pond the other day...
he just seemed so big for the tree...

 
I love spring...
but spring hasn't loved me this week..
my allergies have been terrible...
my eyes have felt like they might just pop out of my head...
pressure on the ears...
then sneezing fits...
my asthma has even kicked in...
even after all that...I love spring...

we haven't really had winter this year...
I'm really fine with that...
those winter coats can be put back...
they weren't used much.....

this post is rather rambling...
because I've been working on it here and there...
little britches has kept me on my toes...
so has work...so I've been working on it in between...


we are on a good health kick...
we are trying to get rid of most processed foods...
go more natural...it is more work...
but the benefits are so much better...
It is amazing how much more fresh foods you
can get for the price of the canned and boxed foods...
you just have to put in a little more time...and planning...
we have been feeding our schnauzers home made dog food...
they both have to be on a special diet...
so with a little planning we can cook for them and us...
I think in the long run we are going to be saving money...
I've been thinking I might like to raise some chickens...
for eggs and well you know...
am I starting to sound like Little House on the Prairie?
I just might be....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! Yes, the health benefits are worth the trouble. One night in class, a girl said that these days bodies don't embalm well because of all the preservatives and chemicals through food, medication, environment, etc. we ingest into our bodies. Wow! So whatever we can do for better health, we'd better be doing. Good for you! Hope you feel better soon. Yes, it's a lovely spring! XO

Judy said...

Deb, I love that series of photos of the egret! You are right - he looks too big for the tree!
I have been sick for a couple of days, hoping I will get better.
Hope your allergies get better!!!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Gorgeous bird.

Regards and best wishes

TexWisGirl said...

the egret looks cool, diving off the tree. :) i need to get outside and mow some yard! :)

MadSnapper said...

debbie said what i was thinking but i will say it anyway. you go girl!!
i am loving the wearing of the green on your blog and the bird is wonderful and so is the healthy eating part. i am late late late, we had vet appointments at 8:15, just annual and i had to go see Rich he had surgery so i am late for all my important dates.

Springman said...

Next you'll want to grow your own food, how unfair to the corporations!

joo said...

it's a beauty, and your photos are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You captured some great shots. Way to go on the fresh food. It does make a different when you eat healthier.