Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hotrod nick named this Yee Haw....
he hopped on it the other day...
boy can he make Yee Haw move now...

he was having a lot of fun...
making Oma a bit nervous....

Two year olds have an abundance of energy...
an abundance of imagination...
an abundance of questions...
an abundance of hugs and kisses...
 

I told him the other day...
I'm gonna get as many hugs and kisses as I can...
cause one day you might not want to give them so freely...
he said No Oma...more and more....
I love you Oma....
made my heart swell....

I love the way two year olds think...
everything is a new adventure...
everything is exciting....

 
 we had art day again today....
painting...glueing...
I didn't get any photos today....
we were too wrapped up in our work....
 
 now that the weather is cooler...
well not today...it got close to 90 today....
we aren't playing in the water...
so I bought sand for his table...
oh boy...is he having fun with sand....
 
boy does sand spread....lol...
he's been pretty good about keeping in the table...
but it seems what does get spilled...
sticks to us and the dogs....
of course that means it comes indoors...
but you know what...a little sand can be vacuumed up...
well worth the hours of fun he is having....

13 comments:

Linda said...

I love how close you are to Hotrod! It does make your heart swell with love and gratitude to have the love of a child.....especially one as precious as he is. You are such a good grandmother. His life is so much richer because of you! You are my role model! Times 4!

TexWisGirl said...

a great idea to trade water for sand. the vacuum will have to take it. :)

Bev said...

what fun you two have!! ( And I have teenage grandson's that still love to be hugged by me!!)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Grands are such fun- little HotRod looks like a handful! Have a great weekend!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

If only we wouldn't lose the "Wonder" of childhood... Betcha' Hot Rod has a chance of not losing it, as much, as other kids... Because of the way you take care of him. Lucky kid!

Oh yes, get the hugs now! As they grow older, one has to be "more careful." -grin-

I keep on the good side of my 12 year old DEAR Grand... By assuring him that I will only hug him, when no friends are around. Like right here in Nana and Pop's hearth room... That way, he can be happy with hugs. Knowing he doesn't have to worry about being embarassed, out in public, by 'Nana.'

Ahemmmmmm, not all Grandmothers are that ..... thoughtful. -chuckle-

"Auntie"

MadSnapper said...

you are making so many memories with HR... i love the feet in the air and the disguises that allowed us to see his fun. i was a little nervous to at the feet in the air. love the shirt half off

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is so cute! The blessings just keep coming and coming. I'm so happy you have these moments with him. Have a nice weekend.

Cherrie said...

Great fun and pictures.

Nicky's mom is a stay at home mommy now so I am missing my 3 days a week with him :(
but I get him this sat. night I can't wait! :)

Diana Ferguson said...

Great times w this special growing little man!

nancygrayce said...

My older grands aren't as affectionate as they were when they were little, but they will tolerate me hugging for a little while. :)

Just Mags said...

Hotrod on his Hee-Haw put a huge smile on my face...just too cute!!! Nothing better than all those hugs and kisses keep enjoying them and getting all you can. Hugs

Judy said...

I like to watch the kids this age at the mall - I really miss having someone this size!!!!

Carla said...

thoses babies tend to not give momma the kisses but Oma's always get them even when they're older.