Sunday, January 22, 2017

 Today was our annual Family day at...
the Ft. Worth Stock Show....
This was the Sheep Salon....

 Pawpaw and Stringbean checking out the midway...
he is too big for the rides he rode last year...
his favorite was the tall slide...
he used all of his tickets doing it...

 It was a WINDY day....
it warmed up and the sun came out...
but it BLEW....

 All the areas were really busy...
cows...sheep...
getting all prettied up to be shown....

 some really liked the camera....

 I got a big slobbery kiss from this one...
I wanted to take it home with me...
I took Mom to the Cowgirl Museum...
which is located in the Stockyard area...
she really enjoyed it...me too...
I've been before...but it was fun...
watching her enjoy it...
these are the women we should be looking up too...
hard working...Women...
not spoiled celebrities...
Women who aren't afraid to get there hands dirty...
meets a challenge head on...
Women that sacrifice for their loved ones...
Can be tough...and gentle all at the same time...
Love Jesus and their country...
those ladies are the ones to look up too...

 When we got home a group of
Cedar Waxwings came to eat dinner...
there were around 18 or so in the trees...
next to the Cardinal these are my faves...

the weekend went too fast....
I enjoyed it...looking forward to a bright new week...



I read this on FB today...
made me giggle...
Funny How drinking 8 cups of water seems like it's impossible...
but 8 beers and 7 shots in 2 hours...
goes down like a fat kid on a seesaw...
it's always easier to do unhealthy...
harder to do healthy....
Giggles....

3 comments:

MadSnapper said...

so very jealous of the big slobbery kiss and seeing all those wonderful animals.

Carla said...

How sweet a slobbery kiss. I could have passed on the kiss but I was some goats and cows for our farm when we get there to love on.
LOL never thought about how easy a beer etc went down verse water. Now I drink lots of water but I still have some wine or bloody shiners.

Michelle said...

This looks like fun. I always enjoy events like these.