Friday, August 26, 2011







I confess I'm a weed lover...
I think some weeds are as pretty...
or if not prettier than the non-weeds...
this morning we had a rain shower...
didn't last long....just long enough..
to give a little soak...
I could almost hear the weeds sing...
the flowers Ahhhh...
the birds were rejoicing...
sitting in the trees...just letting the rain
give them a little shower...
then it was over....
and for a few moments...
everything smiled...
grass....trees...people....
the heat came back...
but oh the memory of those few moments...
of doing the happy rain dance...
they can't take that away from us...

8 comments:

Tanna said...

I think it was yesterday I wondered who chose to designate weeds or flowers. These are beautiful in their own right. Glad you got a spit, too!! ;)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Glad you had a few drops of rain at least. As Hurricane Irene heads up the coast this weekend, I'll be glad to barrel of some of the rain they are predicting and send it down!
You know I especially love the flower shots! Have a great weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

loved this! a great big I SECOND THAT from me!

Deb said...

Pretty pink flowers. I don't think we got any rain here, just thunder. Dang.

Cherrie said...

Nice bee photo. I wish we would get some rain.

Dolores said...

We had a sprinkle of rain yesterday...... we got downright silly!

I've often wondered....what's the difference in a weed or flower.... I say, "none"..... they're beautiful!

SquirrelQueen said...

Glad to hear you got some rain even if it was just a little. The flowers are so pretty, I love the shot with the bee. I prefer to think of weeds as wildflowers, it makes loving them easier. :)

Linda said...

Beautiful pics! You and your camera could make just about ANYTHING look good!!