Friday, November 25, 2011


Today I'm joining Friday Fences
Do you have a Turkey hangover today....
or maybe too much pie regrets???
hubbies tamales were a hit...
even my kids who had to have another dinner first...
enjoyed them....
it was a great day....
little britches & my niece are at the age now to play with each other...
they were so cute....
sizing each other up...


when babies are around the focus turns to them...
lot's if singing...dancing...peek a boos..
we got my Christmas card photo taken...
names drawn for Christmas gifts...
it is a secret this year...of course it was last year too...
we all knew who got who except for my Mom...
she was the only one surprised...

this morning I'm watching a lifetime Christmas movie...
taking a little break....then there's dishes to put away...
but just for a little while...when I pull them out for Christmas...
Sunday is hubbies birthday...
Saturday night I'm taking him on a special date....
we are going to fly in a WWII bomber...
it is a 45 minute flight flying over Ft. Worth....
and Lake Arlington to see Christmas lights...
can't wait...my camera is excited...

20 comments:

genie said...

What a nice day you all had yesterday, and it looks like there are going to be some more before this week is over. I cannot imagine the thrill of going up in a WWII bomber...have fun and take lots of pictures. Love your series of shots giving us a bit more of the scene each time. You really did a nice job with it. genie

TexWisGirl said...

you even make highway safety barricades look attractive!

enjoy your special date!!! :)

Deb said...

No regrets here. Y'all date sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be looking forward to the pictures.

Inger-M said...

A common sight, that you have turned into interesting and beautiful photos. Well done!

Bridget Larsen said...

Sounds like an awesome day. we have those fences on the side of highways
Bridget #13

MadSnapper said...

wow on the Christmas light flight. woo hooo can't wait to see it.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the header shot and especially those striped socks with toes. cool!!
great fence shots, almost forgot this was about fence I got so caught up in your story. I love Christmas movies and Hallmark Rocks in that dept. I watched The Town Christmas Forgot yesterday and have 3 more on the DVR.

Unknown said...

Love this series of shots, and have fun on your lights flight.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What an awesome birthday gift..Happy Birthday to your husband!

Jan n Jer said...

Sounds like a nice day! What a wonderful B.day present for your hubby!

Debbie said...

we call it a "food comma"!!

i enjoyed your story and your style of writing!!

my camera gets excited too!!

ooooohhhhh i almost forgot, GREAT photo's!!

Michelle said...

No regrets here and tamales sound excellent!

Faye said...

Loved your choice of perspective in these photos--beauty and function combined. Enjoy your special outing with birthday hubby!

Linda said...

really lovely shots!

Tanna said...

Oh, I can't wait to see!! What a great birthday day present for your husband! Love your new header, too. Have fun!! blessings ~ tanna

Joani said...

That flight sounds like fun. I hope you enjoy it and get a lot of pictures. Can't wait to see. Thanks for sharing.

Roan said...

What a great birthday present. I hope you tell us all about it.

Nancy said...

Love your new header!!

Your husband is going to flip (well, not literally, I hope!)

Is it a surprise? Can't wait to see the photos.

Shanna said...

Lovely photos, commentary and surprise gift.

nanny said...

what an exciting special date....i can't wait to see the pictures...

from what I hear it is very, very windy in your area. you all be careful!

nanny said...

wish I had some of his hot tamales right now!!