Saturday, August 11, 2012

 I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...
I've found the perfect place to live...
 step a little closer...
I don't want the word to get out...
I've hit the jackpot here....
 it's the sprinkle park...
you wouldn't believe the things those humans drop...especially those shorter ones...
I mean...I find food like you wouldn't believe...
crackers...cookies...fruit...even some sticky stuff...
a little hard on the beak...
but oh so good...
there's plenty of water...
for playing in...drinking...or bathing...
trees...for nesting....
I mean it is the perfect set up....
if you look sad enough...
they will toss some more food your way...
the best part...
you don't have to fight with those pesky squirrels...hogging up the feeders...
or the cats or dogs chasing you off...
now mums the word...
don't want to many of my feathered friends to show up...

10 comments:

Paula said...

Delightful entry.

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha. grackle heaven!

nancygrayce said...

I'll bet there are lots of kids who also think it would be the perfect place to live! :)

Linda said...

Love it!

MadSnapper said...

my lips are sealed.

Jeanie said...

Smart bird to find such a perfect place. Smart you for noticing what a perfect place he found.

Susan said...

Haha, what a cute post! He's right, it's the perfect place for a bird!

Just Mags said...

Yep, even the birds know that the sprinkle park is the ideal place to be on hot summer days. Loved this...way cute! Hugs

Janie said...

Aw, cute. He does have the perfect setup, but I won't tell anyone, since this guy likes to keep it to himself!

Cherrie said...

A great post!