Saturday, January 29, 2011

birds...

I've been trying to get photos of these birds
for a while...they don't stay still long...
finally got a few....
does anyone know what it is?
it looks like the ones that died in Arkansas...
they come ever winter....
I love the speckles of color...
the birds are still nervous around here...
we had 5 hawks flying around on Thursday...
they were flying really high though...
ready for take off....
watching their backs....
this was shot from my office window....
looks like they mean business...

7 comments:

Janie said...

The hawks must be hungry. They seem to be actively hunting, so the birdies are wise to be watching their backs!

TexWisGirl said...

The speckled black birds with short tails are European Starlings. And yes, some of them did drop dead somewhere (along with the red-winged blackbirds). The bottom couple with long tails are Grackles, of course. :)

And if I were a bird, I'd be nervous too with those hawks keeping such a close watch...

Clint said...

I love watching birds and their antics. We have a nest of crows in our oak tree and they think they own the premises.

Hope you have a great Sunday.

Michelle said...

These are great shots. I love to watch birds and am actually off to buy more seed today. lol

Deb said...

thanks Theresa....I knew I could count on you for their names..
Hubby and I saw a swarm of atleast 10-12 hawks circling yesterday as we were driving to the train station...they must really be on the hunt...

Cherrie said...

A little drink, a little bath then back to the sky. I love watching birds.

Kay said...

Looks like your patience paid off. You captured the little guys.

I like you bicycle in your header.

Kay