Monday, April 4, 2011

Neighborhood stalker....

Sunday I was out for a walk in my FIL's neighborhood...
and of course taking tons of photos...
and I spotted this mockingbird....

another one is in the tree...
so I'm snapping away...
and I hear a deep voice...
"Mam can I ask why you are taking pictures"
so I look up and a guy is standing in his driveway....
a quite large fellow too...
I said.."oh I'm just photographing these two mockingbirds"
and snap another photo or two...
he has a puzzled look on his face....
"well Mam...is everything okay"
I said " oh yeah sure"
and keep snapping....I think he thought I was nuts...
I was in the street...not on his property...
and actually the tree was in his neighbors yard...

I decided I should probably move on...
this is the first time anyone has ever questioned me..
must be the new camera...
it looks more official than my old one....
I think he thought I was a stalker or something...
which I guess I am...a bird stalker...
a squirrel stalker...flowers...trees...the sky...
little britches....my family...and the list goes on...
I'll leave you with these blue bonnets...
I stayed in the street....didn't get on anyone's property...
The mocking bird is our state bird...
and blue bonnets are our state flower...
and I guess I'm the neighborhood stalker....

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Okay, so I should give you my phone number in case you need to be bailed out?! :)

Very nice that you could get the mockingbird and the bluebonnets in one post. :) And glad you weren't trespassing!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Love those blue bonnets! Your blog is inspiring me more & more. That butterfly is going to be next!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is strange isn't it Deb. I guess so many people are just suspicious by nature.
Love your pics, springy and wonderful!
Cindy

Clint said...

Ha. I got kicked out of a Whole Foods about a month ago for taking pics of their deli and meat cases for a blog I was doing. The funny thing is that if someone wanted to be surrepticious about it, they would have no problemo just using a hidden camera. The guy might've thought you were in cahoots with the mockingbirds as part of a vast conspiracy of one sort or the other. Sigh.

Deb said...

Be careful girl!

nanny said...

That's funny....I like to take my shots in private/ha I don't want anyone watching me!!!

Cherrie said...

He must have something to hide and was thinking you were spying on him.

Anonymous said...

I was in the farm supply the other day and asked the girl who I know if I could take pictures. She said yes and followed me around the entire time. Made ME nervous! I suppose people are suspicious, which is rather good these days

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lovely header!

Yup, people can get wondering, when you show up, taking pictures. :-) I used to think they thought I was planning on bringing some sort of s law suit, maybe. ,-) Or doing it, for someone, who was...

Michelle said...

Nice pics and maybe he thought you were spying! lol

Dawn said...

Maybe just a State Stalker. Great captures- whatever you may be up to;)
hehe:)))

Christy said...

I get those looks all the time....from my family! ...and I just don't think bluebonnets can be explained outside the state lines!~ I heart them so much! I'm ashamed to say I can't identify the bird....I'll go study your picture a little further!

Judy said...

Deb! You are a stalker now!?!!
There are days when I wonder when someone is going to ask me about that... I take photos of so many gardens around the area!
I am so jealous that you have dandelions already!
Or maybe not, as then the seedlings would all need to be dug out of the lawn. That is how I sit in the sun and look like I am working...

Dolores said...

Stalker or not..... you're a good stalker and your Texas pictures are gorgeous!!!
We haven't seen many bluebonnets in our part of Texas....
Hugs,

Elina said...

So fun! I love noticing special things like that. :)

Diana Ferguson said...

Lovin' your pics!!

Diana LaMarre said...

LOL, Deb the stalker!

Those blue bonnets are so pretty. I remember LadyBird J saying they were the state flower and they grow wild all over. How fun to get both your state flower and state bird on the same day.

Outdoor photography is so much fun.

Linda said...

Don't you just love all of God's wonderful creatures!