Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It was good weather for a duck today....
lot's of rain...
we sure do need it too...


 every now and then....
you find a little fall color....


I try really hard not to get a Thorny attitude...
but I tell ya some days it is really hard...
I was having a few photo books and cards made...
got them all done on the computer...
sent them to the store...
I get a call at 10:45 Saturday night...
yep NIGHT time...
telling me the books can't be ready until Monday...
because the person who knows how to make them...
if off on Sundays...
This is a photo lab...
so I say okay...that will work...
On Sunday I get a email saying that they are ready...
my cards too...
I go to pick them up...
Open up one of the books to look at it...
pages fall out...
then I see the books have the wrong covers on them...
they reversed them....
looking closer...
the photo on the front is crooked...
and not glued down properly...
I glance at the cards...but my attention is on the books...
after a big song and dance...
they decide that I'm right...
the books are not done right...or even well...
they will be redo them on Monday...
when the person that knows how to do them is in...
when I get home with the cards...
I notice the photos are off centered on them...
so I take them back when I go to pick up my books...
the young man at the photo center was very helpful...
he found out someone had put the cartridge in wrong..
on the machine to make the cards...
he also found there was a problem with the
binder warmer (?)...
he was very helpful...very knowledgeable...
he said he would get it all worked out....
He was trained to do this work...
actually cared about the products he put out...
I will pick up my books and cards today...
I feel comfortable that it will all be taken care of...
which is so much better than the way I was treated
on my first trip....
If you are going to have employees do a job...
they should be properly trained or supervised...


4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

all true and sadly this is commonplace now, the service we get depends on who is on the clock. same way with restaurants. sometimes we go to Golden Corral and it id fantastic, go back the next time and not fantastic. has to be who is cooking that day...the store should have waited until the person who knew how to do it was there... or train the one that doesn;t know. send us rain please, we need it bad

Cranberry Morning said...

Incompetency is everywhere these days. It seems there are fewer people who take pride in work well done. This must have been a very frustrating experience, one shared by many of us.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed your photos. So sorry for the mess with your book and cards. Doesn't seem possible that so many mistakes could be made and yet they said they were ready. I hear about things like this more and more these days!

Judy said...

Did you write a note to his supervisor? Something like that really should go on his record!!
I love the duck!