Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today I'm joining Friday Fences
I'm sitting wrapped in my favorite blanket...
the one my Mom made me for Christmas....
feet propped up on my foot stool...
watching Lincoln Lawyer....
hubby on the couch....snoring off and on...

a nice way to spend a COLD winter night...
something about this cold turns me into a hermit...
I just want to stay inside...warm and toastie..

I would never make it in the north...
good thing I'm a Texas girl....
our weather usually changes pretty quickly...
hopefully will do the same soon...

I got to take little britches to his creative movement class this week...
he was very excited to go...
especially to see his auntie...
we were listening to his Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD...
on the way there...
yes we are still listening to christmas music..
when we pulled in I turned off the car....
of course the music shut off..
he was not a happy camper....
Alvin...Alvin...Alvin...
took him into class...he was not wanting to go...
he pitched a little fit....
but I was strong and left him in the capable hands...
of my daughter...he put on a little show...
then settled in....
a little girl came in crying....
hmmm...wonder if she was listening to Alvin too....
he just looked at her like whats wrong with you....
he really enjoyed the class...
he is the youngest in there....
the others are all 2 or 2 1/2....
when class was over he didn't want to leave....
neither did the little girl that was crying...
the marched...touched their toes...
reached for the sky....
did Eensy Weensy spider...
the alphabet...
ran...walked...
so happy I got to peak through the window and watch....
just seems like a few days ago my daughter started there...
that was 21 years ago...

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww. time speeds by...

Bev said...

hmm...time sure does fly...we are lucky to be able to do it again with our grandkids!!

Bridget Larsen said...

great fence, love these ones made of real wood, Poor Britches, hope he gets over the sudden stop to his Alvin CD

Elizabeth Edwards said...

great view. this is the type of fence i'm use to. neat views. (:

Tanna said...

Time does fly, doesn't it, Deb? Your fence photos are g.r.e.a.t!! blessings ~ Tanna

Judy said...

Time flies when you are having fun...
I like this fence - worn, but still hanging in there!
Jake is much better, thank you. He is not going to like his dietary restrictions...

Jan n Jer said...

Great fence shots. Little Britches has good taste in mucic..LOL..my two youngest grands love Alvin too!

Deb said...

The cold turns me into a hermit too. I think it is going to warm up some for the weekend. Just in time for the stock show:)

MadSnapper said...

LB is growing up fast.... so sweet. and that last bokeh shot of the fence is BE U Ti Ful

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That fence is a classic- time and wind worn. Happy Friday!

Diana Ferguson said...

Stay warm!! Crazy weather....

Faye said...

Wonderful handhewn fence rails--I think? And the Lincoln Lawyer? What a delicious romp!

Janie said...

Ah, how times fly. I'm glad to get another chance to enjoy those sweet early years with grandchildren.
I read the book Lincoln Lawyer. It was very good. haven't seen the movie.
Love those old wooden fence rails.

Dianne said...

the blue sky thru the fence makes for a lovely contrast

Linda said...

Love the fences...believe it or not but I am sitting here with a blanket wrapped around me, my feet propped up on my stool at 1:30 in the morning and blogging. Have a great weekend!