Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My head in the clouds...and EEEKKKKKK

guys talking motorcycle...
we met this young man last year...
he likes to ride his Enduro down at the river also...
so he came down to see if he would find us fishing...
and he did...



I was not getting any bites...
so of course...I got out may camera....

had my head in the clouds...so to speak...


this one looked like a tadpole swimming in the water ....


the sun started going down...
I got a few nibbles...
but never caught a blasted thing....

hubby on the other hand...
was having a good night...
I guess it was his turn...
since I got so many the last few times...

he caught two drum...
a small catfish...
and a........

yep that's right .....
a snake....
of course it was dark.... and the hook was tangled in him...
hubby got him loose...
and I stayed far.....far away....
thank goodness....we were done fishing for the night...
he was on my hubbies pole when he realed it in...
I have the same feelings for snakes as I do rodents...
I have been known to knock my children over...
to get away from them....

15 comments:

Deb said...

eeeekkkkkk is right. That would end my trips down to the river until the first cold snap. Snakes are really bad at my sister's pond right now too.

Southern Lady said...

Deb, I loved your pictures of the river and clouds -- and I could see the tadpole!

I didn't like the picture of the snake, though ... it hit too close too home in light of Avery's and my recent encounter with one. Makes me shudder to think about it!

Hope you have a great day today!

Susie said...

I'd been freaking out if that had come in on my pole. I can't stand snakes!!!

Kat said...

Eeeeek is a whole lot milder than what I would have said. I HATE snakes, I'm afraid I would have run screaming all the way home. Looks like a really good day up until that little encounter! Kathy

nanny said...

OH NO!!!!
I started to quote the bad day fishing is better than a good day working....but not in this case!!!
Girl I wouldn't have gotten close enough to make that picture!!!!!

Judy said...

I love the new header - it is from this fishing trip, right? Looks like the same sort of stretch of fence along the top of the hill!

Joyce said...

Water moccasins make me scream:-) Yes you can send me ice today instead of the chocolate. Hotter then hot here today. Humidity has my hair looking like the Marks brothers were my hair sytlists!

Andrea said...

Your hubby is pretty brave to get that snake loose and not just kill it. I hate snakes but don't like killing them either.
It's nice that y'all enjoy fishing together. My hub likes to fish, but we don't go that often.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Snakes & rodents--Yikes! I'm right behind you or even mowing you down!

Tanna said...

YIKES!!!! That is scary!! I do not like snakes!

The bright white cloud picture is soooo pretty!

Stacey said...

Hi Deb! Thanks for your visit today. It's always nice to meet a Texas friend. I am a native Texan stuck in Oklahoma....no really I love OK but will never stop being a Texan. :)

Cheryl said...

Gulp! As I was reading this post I found myself picking my feet up off the floor when I got to the snake photo.....eeeeeekkkkkkk indeed! I absolutely abhor snakes. But your cloud photo was gorgeous!

Melissa Miller said...

How scary to see that snake. The photos are all beautiful Deb.

I hope all is going well for you sweet friend. I have missed seeing you stop by.

Take care & blessings to you. ~Melissa

Janie said...

Looks like a great day... except for the water moccasin at the end. I don't mind non-poisonous snakes but I have a healthy fear of the poisonous ones.

Tara said...

You are too funny! But I am right there with you about those gross snakes!