Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Thursday Adventure


Due to crazy circumstances, like a dead battery, and no keys, I rode my bicycle to the bank and post office today, I needed to go and didn't have any other way to get there, all my loved ones were occupied else where, working. It is a nice day today, temperature around 80, so I thought why don't I just get on my bicycle and go. By car it is around a 4 mile round trip, by bicycle I believe I went a little further because I took all the back rodes to avoid cars, I did have to cross three majorly busy rodes, the 1st a four lane rode that has quiet a bit of traffic, and 2 others that are one way but have lots of traffic. I was a little nervous going by myself, but I thought what the heck, I have my cell phone, and I have my trusty bell and basket on my bicycle.... so off we went (my bicycle and me)..... I made the whole trip.... going inside the bank and inside the post office taking care of my business in less than one hour..... I was quiet pleased with myself.... now tomorrow.... you might all be hearing a different story........ Now that I've done it, I may just have to do it more often.... I do ride down to the Dollar Store if I just need a couple of things.... but it is just a few blocks away. It reminded me of when I was a kid..... we rode our bikes every where and never gave it a second thought.... even though I got shot with a BB gun one time by a fellow I went to school with.... he said he wasn't aiming at me, but the girl I was with...... needless to say my Mom gave him and his Mom an earful.... luckily it hit me in the neck and didn't go in bounced off, just swollen up.... and there was the classmate that would send his 2 dogs after you when you rode down his street..... then his nice brother would come out and call them back before they caught you...... Thank goodness today I didn't run into any of those problems.....

3 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

Oh my goodness Deb :D I bet you were cute as can be though! I walk a lot. I don't know if I would have the energy to pedal a bike 4+ miles anymore lol You did great!

Tracey said...

Wow! I don't think I could ride that far and if I did I probably would not be able to walk the next day! LOL

Loretta said...

Deb you are brave to venture that far on a bike. My goodness I don't think I've been on a bike for 30 years! Boy would I be sore after that.