Thursday, March 24, 2011

A new bird on the block...

Texwisgirl is my go to girl on birds....

If you get a chance stop by and visit she has a great blog..

I've been getting a lot of birds that I don't know what they are..
and being the sweet gal she is she tells me what they are...

this is a male yellow rumped warbler..
click on the photos to get a better look..



I'm really enjoying bird watching...
even Farmer hubby is getting into it now...
I made it through another net free Wednesday....
not too bad....

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

You're so sweet! I just refer to a half dozen bird i.d. books (or more!) Love our birdies!

Clint said...

Good mornin', Deb! Nice photograph.

Tara said...

I never know their names either but they are fun to watch, so carefree. I think I saw a bluebird or a bluejay yesterday. I never know the difference! All I know is it had a blue tummy.

nanny said...

I don't know all of the birds at my feeder but I love watching them!

Dawn said...

Between the 2 of you...I feel as though I have taken Birdwatching 101. Love it!

Michelle said...

I am not good at identifying birds. I do enjoy the blog of texwisgirl. Her pics are great.

Dolores said...

That's a pretty bird!

I know a cardinal, mockingbird and sparrow... and maybe a blue bird...that's about it. I need a course in birds.
Hugs,

Janie said...

He's a pretty bird, with just that little bit of yellow. I agree, bird watching is quite entertaining. That'll help you get through those net-free Wednesdays!