Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The joy of being Oma....


I look forward to little britches and I...
spending time looking at the clouds...

seeing what he sees in the clouds....

hearing what shapes...faces...animals...
he might see...

he sees the jets...the birds...the clouds now...

we say Hi and wave to the jets....the birds...the sun..
but soon we will be having long...fun...exciting...
conversations about them....
and I will take the time to enjoy it...
not rush through it because dinner needs to be cooked...
laundry needs to be folded...
we are running late for something...
that is the joy of being Oma...
you realize what is most important...


10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i bet a lot of grandparents will relate to this one... how sweet.

nanny said...

Amen,,,,,,you have your priorities in line! You are so fortunate to have this time with little britches.

Dolores said...

Oh how true!!!! And.......enjoy every time together, they grow up much toooooo fast!
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

You have the right idea sweet Deb. Enjoy every second with that precious Little Britches for he will be grown with a family of is own much too soon. The little ones are just so precious and those who are blessed to have a grandparent like you are not enough. Love that little guy with all the time and what you have in you. I know you will. Hugs

Leontien said...

I come to visit your other blog often but i don't know why i never found this one!
I'm glad i did though!

my sister and i would love to lay down in the hayfield and look at the sky, trying to figure out what we saw!

Thanks
Leontien

Jeanie said...

You have a lot to look forward to and you are looking forward to it in just the right way.

Bev said...

Oma... yes it is great... grandchildren allow us to get our priorities straight!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

WISDOM 101...!!!

~♥~

Deb said...

It is a joy. Reminds me of a little poem.

There will be years for cooking and cleaning, for children grow up while we are not looking.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Hey!
I'm an Oma too!
and yes, we point at everything in the sky!
Where already to naming them and discussing... have some very interesting discussions too, I might add.

Love your photography. I'm awful with a camera!
and Everybody knows it.

like you, I photograph everything, Pat