Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My garden has not fared well this year...
with the spring floods lost most of my garden...
then the drought...well lost a lot of plants..
but my Zinnias and marigolds have been troupers..
beautiful in the spring...
beautiful in the fall...
 the rabbits and chickens love the marigolds...
my basil has done well too...
another favorite of the rabbits and chickens...

 I now have 7 chickens....
2 rabbits...
one dog...
5 granddogs...
3 grandcats....
it's a zoo around here sometimes...
the 3 cats don't come to visit...but all the dogs do...

 I have good intentions to blog...
but it just seems like there are not enough hours in the day...
I think about all my blog pals wondering what they are up to...
I do manage to get around and visit every now and then...

I feel truly blessed to be so busy...
I also enjoyed the weekend of rain...
it gave me an excuse to stay inside...
to get some projects done...
today is National I love you day...
what a nice day to have...

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am going to try Marigolds and Zinnias next year!
You are in a wonderful stage of life right now, Debbie. Always remember, you CAN do it all.....just not all at the same time!! There will be slower seasons. I love being Facebook friends because I get to keep up with what all you have going on!

MadSnapper said...

that second shot of the zinnia is AMAZING and it looks like a floral teapot in the middle. awesome shot. and i love all your zoo memebers

Carla said...

Just one or two lovable furry critters in your inventory.
I wouldn't mind planting some marigolds up at the farm one day. Maybe I should try some in our flower beds now for fun. mmmm
With work, family health and projects I just don't get much time to read or blog sometimes so I understand.
but I enjoy reading when you do post