Monday, January 11, 2016

 It was a cold weekend here in Texas...
but we were determined to get out...
Saturday the wind blew straight through you...
we went to the indoor gun range...
I've only ever shot a gun once...
and it had too much of a kick for me...
I've shot BB guns...but that does not compare...
so Saturday I took a short class...
then tried out a couple of guns...
I found one that I felt comfortable with...
Hubby was very patient with me...
cause I was really nervous...
but I calmed down...and enjoyed it...
Sunday we went to Mineral Wells State Park...
what a nice quiet day...shooting my camera...
hiking...enjoying the wildlife and outdoors...

 a couple of does were great models...
they let me get pretty close to them...

 the perfect spot for a picnic...

 the lake is very full...over full...
this is it running over the edge to the spillway...
which happens to run across a road...
we were able to pull right up to it...

 I could have set here all day just enjoying the view...
they also have screened in areas with electricity you can rent...
Hubby and are are definitely going back...
to spend a few days...

3 comments:

MadSnapper said...

what a beautiful beautiful place to visit.. that first shot of the doe is amazing and i love the table. i love to shoot, but only rifles and pistols, no shot guns

Michelle said...

A beautiful place and photo #5 is my favorite!

Karen Whittal said...

Looks like a small piece of paradise, so beautiful