Monday, March 2, 2009

Beef Stew

I was inspired by Loretta over at Under the Wild Cherry Trees to make a beef stew for sunday dinner, thank you Loretta.......

First I chopped up onions and sauted them with beef broth





Then I added my stew meat




I cooked the stew meat with the onions, beef broth, pepper and chilit powder for about 2 1/2 hours to get the meat tender




I cut up baby carrots






Diced potatoes
I put the green beans and carrots in first and cooked about 20 minutes then added the potatoes







All was cooked in a cast iron skillet, it was very yummy, just what we needed on a cold day.

6 comments:

Judanna said...

Looks good. What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. :) Mom

Loretta said...

Yum! That stew looks delicious. I wish I had stew meat on hand. I would be in the kitchen stirring up a pot right now. We are in the midst of another snowstorm as I am writing this and that stew would be just the ticket. Thanks for the tip about the pineapple keeping the apples fresher. I never knew that. I hope you made a few extra cookies for mom. She's been craving them since she saw my post. She's so sweet! Hugs, Loretta

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hello, This is my first visit and i have enjoyed it. Stew beef is such a comforting food and you made it look so good.
Blessings,
Sue

♥ Kathy said...

Oh that looks soooo good!! We bbq'd :) Now it's so chilly I think some stew sounds perfect..it's sounding an awful lot like supper tonight..:-)

xinex said...

Everything looks so good, Deb. You are making me hungry!:)...Christine

xinex said...

Everything looks so good, Deb. You are making me hungry!:)...Christine