Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Dinner




I decided to cook a sunday family dinner yesterday and wanted to try out something new, I went over to $5 dinners (click on the link above for the great recipe) and found the lasagana roll up recipe, I've never made lasagana before and decided to give it a try...I also found a great recipe for Italian soup sent in by one of her followers Lynn's kitchen... if you get a chance go by and visit to find some great recipes


Italian Sausage soup


1lb sausage ( I used hamburger meat)

1 onion chopped

1 cup celery

1 cup carrots, minced ( I bought the shredded carrots)

3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth

2 cans diced tomatoes with basil and oregano

2 cans kidney beans drained

1 can great northern beans drained

2 cups macaroni, uncooked ( I cooked mine and added in at the end)


Cook the sausage (or hamburger meat) in a skillet with onions, celery and carrots

Drain well

Stir in broth, tomatoes and beans, bring to boil over medium heat

reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes

Add pasta, simmer for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender


We started out with a nice salad....Olive Garden style....then we moved on to the wonderful soup,

I made garlic toast and we had the lasagna....for desert I made a lemon cake with lemon ice cream and we had Braums frozen vanilla yogurt on the side....It was very yummy....

My Mom, daughter, adopted daughter( my daughters friend), my husband and myself enjoyed a nice Sunday dinner....wasn't he lucky to eat with four lovely ladies....I didn't take any pictures...as I don't post family or friend pictures... but you can use your imagination....good food...good conversations....Sunday fun.....

6 comments:

xinex said...

Sounds like you had a very nice dinner! Yummy!...Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy! A friend of mine always makes it in winter with Italian sausage and is a family favourite -never tasted it though. My sister in law is Italian and I use her recipe for a tomato base sauce with lasagne and pasta - it's very yummy and will share it --- when I don't have Connor on my lap!!!!!!! He is needing cuddles this afternoon! Love your photo of the flowers in previous post! Would have chosen you for one of my nominations for the True Friend Award as you are always saying so many lovely things on mine but I see you don't receive awards - just to let you know you were thought of!!!!

bj said...

Hi, Texas girl..if you live in Dallas, you live where I was born and raised until age 8..then, for reasons UNKNOWN to me, we ended up out here in West Texas !!
Thanks for stopping by my plact today..I hope you will come back by sometime.
This recipe sounds great!!
xo bj

♥ Kathy said...

That sounds really good Deb..I'm on my way ;)

Judith said...

sounds like a delicious meal and always better when eating with family/friends. Judith

Judanna said...

Since I was a guest at dinner, I am here to testify that the soup is wonderful and very delicious!!!!