Tuesday, March 10, 2009

http://www.5dollardinners.com/ This is one of my new favorite blogs, Erin has such wonderful recipes and advice, today she posted these recipes for household cleaning products... I am going to give them a try, you can find these things at Dollar Tree or Dollar stores reasonably priced



Homemade 409


2 Tbsp. Distilled White Vinegar
1 Tsp. Borax
1/8 cup Dawn Dishsoap
1 cup Hot Water
Pour vinegar, borax and hot water into spray bottle. Then continue filling spray bottle with cool water. Add dawn dishsoap last. No need to shake.
This is a great cleaner, because the vinegar acts as a disinfectant!


Homemade Laundry Stain Remover


( she was skeptical of this one at first, but she has two boys that are dirt and grass-stain magnets, and this stain remover has never let her down!


1/3 cup Dawn Dishsoap
1/3 cup Ammonia
3 Tbsp. Baking Soda
1 cup Water
Mix all ingredients together and store in an empty spray bottle (I use an old “Shout” spray bottle.)

Go by and see Erin if you get a chance....

4 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

I've been to her blog before

Tracey said...

I'll have to check her blog out.
Love your new blog header picture :)
Tracey

Jill said...

Happy WW!!!!!!!! I love this pictures it is priceless!

Sue said...

Loved the picture and thank you for the recipes for cleaners!! I am always looking for better and safer products, not to mention cheaper!!! I will certainly check her blog out.
Thank you for coming by and for your sweet comment!! Blessings,
Sue