Friday, April 23, 2010

On the road in Texas...

these photos were taking on our way back home from LA...
Amarillo...we stopped for lunch here...
not bad if you like cafeteria style food...
the locals seem to like it...

God bless Texas...
you know there's some good stuff in there...
Proud to be an American...
that's why the paint the side of the building
with a flag...
I wonder who lived here??
love these metal buildings...
found out my daughter thinks they are cool also..
closer to home....
hubby and I took a road trip the day before I left for LA...
we went toward Mexia area...
In Texas this is a common sighting...
big old bull...
I loved this bridge...
love cows...
love old farm houses....
so much history there..
an old Church....
I can just hear the congregation singing a hymn...
have to have a flag flying...

7 comments:

nanny said...

I love that bridge too!!!

♥ Kathy said...

That bridge ALMOST looks just like one in Sealy, Texas. Don't they keep grain in those silos? (The metal buildings) Oh, and I got an email from you but it was blank :-s weird but I thought I'd tell ya :) Happy Friday Deb!

Kay said...

I love your "on the road" photos. It's interesting to see what is in other states and I love the way you capture common things and make them interesting.

joysong said...

I love all of your Texas pics! Hope I can go back and visit your wonderful state again some day. :o)

Linda said...

Really enjoyed this collection of shots. Little glimpses of life that's so different from Scotland. And you have such long straight roads!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Love old farm houses. Hate to see them abandoned.

Ahem.... You'd better "get going." I think I've changed my Header photo, twice, since you put your yellow flowers growing near old log photo up.

I'm getting ahead of you! On changing Header photos! -giggggles-

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Am I silly??????

Yes, I'm silly!!!!!

^_^