Tuesday, January 18, 2011

thinking outside the box....or not even believing in a box...

I love artsy people....

people that think outside the box..
people that don't even have a box...
I've met so many of you folks in blog land....
I am fortune to know so many in my unbloggy world..
My Nana was a seamstress...a quilter...a baker...a cook...
when her children were growing up...she would go into town...
look at the clothing in the store...then go home and cut her own patterns...
and make the clothing herself...My Mom can do the same thing...
my Mom always thinks outside the box....and has always
been able to make her house a home....on very little money...
but a ton of imagination..she can draw...paint...sew...
play the guitar a bit....and can make the most amazing things...
with things around her house...
my Dad can work with wood....metal...
you name it..
.my husband is a great story teller...he has everyone
crowding around him to listen to his tales...and most of them...
are completely true...not the tall tells they seem to be..
he holds court in a crowd of people...
everyone wants to sit next to him....
he has an eye for design...
my daughter is a dancer...a performer...and always...
thinks outside the box... my son is a musician...a singer...
all self taught...he can play the drums...and most string instruments...
he writes amazing songs..when my kids were in school...
if they had a class project...they went all out....
it was usually a family affair...
their teachers always told me how much they looked forward..
to seeing what they would come up with...
videos...songs..road trips...interviews..
all with great imagination..
I have dear friends that are artsy...
talented....think outside the box...
I grew up on music...from Lawerence Welk....Hank Williams...
Motown...Don Ho...Charlie Pride...AC/DC...Lynard Skynard...
you name it we listened to it...
I appreciate artists...whether they are dancers...singers..
theater performers...painters...photographers...

I feel very fortunate to be around so many people...
with so many talents...my nieces can play the piano beautifully...
oldest niece has such style and a flare for the arts....
my brother plays the piano...sings...and leads music at his church...
just hoping to pass a little bit of this down to little britches...
to show him to always think outside the box...
or just get rid of the box....

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Wow. Loaded with talents in your family! If he will not be talented himself, he will at least (hopefully) appreciate those who have talents.

I think you need to write down your hubby's stories and publish them here or in a book. :)

Jeanie said...

I share your admiration for creative people and it sounds like you have a lot of them (including you) in your life. I would love the hear some of your husbands tales also.

Tara said...

Little Britches is lucky to come from such a family of non~boxers! I am sure he will grow to be an exceptionally talented and special human being. Not that he isn't already!

Tanna said...

Little Britches is blessed to have such a fine influence of out-of-or-non-box-thinking folks! You will all be wonderful examples and resources for him.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Just look at your Photography! YOU think out-side-the-box!

Your saying about your Nan looking at clothing in a store window, and going home and making it... Reminded me. My Mother and I would go down-street and look at prom gowns, in the store windows, when it was Prom time. And she'd come home and make a pretty one, for me. :-)

So sad that there are no pictures of such. -sigh-

Let's let this be a lesson to us, to keep snapping our pics!!!! :-)

Hugs & ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Lori said...

I love non-box people. The inspire me so. Burn those boxes!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a talented family!

Anonymous said...

With all that talent in the family I would say Little Britches has a very slim to none chance of not having some talent in his genes.

Avril said...

Talented family you have!! Little Britches is one lucky fellow with amazing genes!