Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun day in Big D..


Hubby and I decided to head into Dallas for the day....

we stopped and had breakfast at Mom & Daughters Diner...

I didn't get any photos of breakfast...
to busy eating I guess....
then we were back on the road...


there is always traffic in Dallas....


we reach our destination....
Fair Park....there is a lot to do here...


we went to the Science place 1st...
a young lady gave us a couple of free tickets...
one free pass to the IMAX....
one free pass to the planetarium...
We Saw Dolphins at the IMAX...
then Texas skies at the planetarium..

Dolphins was excellent....
the Texas show was informative.


we stopped for snowcones...


did a little people watching.....

hubby turned me loose on the nature at Fair Park.....
of course you know I took a ton of photos....
I will be sharing more with you...
so get ready....
He was a good sport to hang out....
while I snapped at everything in sight...
I treated him to Lunch on the way home...





9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i LOVE mamma's daughters' diner! have you ever had their strawberry banana cream pie?! to die for! best pie i've EVER eaten. EVER!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a fun day! I enjoyed the tour. The dragonfly is a beauty. I took some photos of one similar to that, but my iphoto quit as they were finishing the import, and I restarted it a different way I usually do when that happens, and I lost them. I was upset because I know some were good shots.

Bev said...

Snow cone looks yummy... Fun day!

Jeanie said...

I haven't been to Dallas for years but I used to love going there when I lived in that part of the country. It looks like you had a very fun day.

Michelle said...

This sounds like a fun day.

Dolores said...

Looks and sounds like a fun day, but the snow cone is my favorite.... I love those things. Ever taken a big gulp and had it hurt so bad in your chest that you thought you would die...... ?

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. The Dallas traffic is right up top on my dislike list. That place is just too busy for me. Hugs

Janie said...

This looks like a fun place to visit. I love snow cones for a special treat.

Brandy Marie said...

Looks like you had a fun day. What is that big white thing with the "strings" on it?? Its interesting. _B