Sunday, July 3, 2011


It was another scorcher yesterday...
I did manage to get some yard work done...
2 wheel barrow loads full of trimming..


our patio area had become quite the jungle...
the morning glories were taking over everything...


had to trim back....
had flowers that were past their blooming...
the heat had done them in...
so I planted cactus in their place...



lots of weeds to get rid of...
amazing how well they grow...
when I have to work so hard at the other plants..



my okra has finally decided to grow...
better late than never I guess...


loofah gourd starting to climb....



even my birdie pal noticed the difference...

went to my BIL and SIL's for dinner last night...
hamburgers on the grill...yummy...
we brought little britches with us...
he had a blast...all the attention...
after dinner we went swimming in their pool...
a real pool....not a kiddie pool..
that boy had a blast....
we barely got out of their driveway..
he was sound asleep...

enjoy your sunday....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your daughter's big adventure!!! Time will pass so quickly, she will be back with a wonderful experience behind her. Your little one is getting so big!! Love all his photos!!! We are in the grips of winter with frost killing off my plants, just like your heat is doing to yours !

Deb said...

Sounds like a fun day! Looks like another hot one today!

Linda said...

Just another perfectly HOT day in Texas!! Hard to remember how COLD this past winter was! Our pipes froze and I dreamed of heat and warmth! I am trying to be grateful! Beautiful pics as always!

Dawn said...

Your heat sounds unreal.
And your morning glories...welll- I'm jealous. Wish they would take over my yard;)
Sounds like a fun-filled evening. I'd have jumped in that pool!

TexWisGirl said...

YOU must have been exhausted yesterday.

the heat
yardwork
little britches
swimming
UGH!

Tara said...

Nothing wears the kiddies out like a day in the water! We are having good old burgers tomorrow.
Isn't it amazing how fast the clippings pile up once you get going!
Have a great 4th of July!

Bev said...

What a fun time!