Sunday, August 26, 2012

my Saturday started out great....
we went to the sprinkle park....

 
 
Hotrod and Oma had a great time...
my DIL grabbed the camera...
I promised I wouldn't delete the photos...
so here are a few....
 
 
we had the place to ourselves for most of the time..
I guess everyone was busy getting ready for school to start...
see I'm still hanging on to summer...
some are letting it slip away...
We had a funeral to go to...
one of our high school pals Dad passed away...
his Dad was a charachter...
he would call at 4:30 am...
This is ole Jerry Thorn...
that rascal of a husband of yours up yet...
or he would pull up in the drive way and honk...
at 4:30 am...
he loved hunting...fishing...racing cars...
his 3 sons...grand children..and great grand children...
 
 
 
 
then we were invited to my daughters new place...
I was the only one that had seen it yet...
so we picked up my Mom and headed that way...
we got there at the same time as my son, DIL and Hotrod...
Hotrod was very excited to see his Aunt Didi's new house...
especially the cats...her room mate has two cats...
My daughter was the perfect hostess....
I was so proud of her...
she had munchies...and all our favorite drinks...
Hotrod terrorized the cats...
we all had a nice long visit...
everyone felt better after seeing her apartment...
on the way home we stopped to eat at Outback Steak house...
had a nice visit with my Mom...
 
It was a good day...
 

9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

so glad you had your sprinkle day, i love the last shot with the fish and the one where the sheet of water is falling on his head. they just announced our schools are closed tomorrow because of the storm. they just started last week

Just Mags said...

Oh, I am glad you did not delete the pictures...they are terrific and what fun you and Hotrod were having playing in the water. Glad you all had a nice visit with your daughter, that sounded real nice. Have a great day sweet Deb. Hugs

TexWisGirl said...

i'm glad your daughter is settled in.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the loss. Sounds like a great/unusual guy.

The water park looks like fun.

nanny said...

What a fun day.....
It's so neat that you got wet with your little Hotrod!!! that's one great Oma!!
I'm glad you like the apartment, now you will feel better (maybe)

nanny said...

P.S. The Dad of your pal sounds like a fun guy....Is your husband up yet? lol

Michelle said...

That guys does sound like a character, but the best kind.

Susan said...

sounds like a fun day!

Carla said...

I love the sprinkle park days. The picture of the water in motion hitting your little man in the back is my fav I think.