Wednesday, April 1, 2009

JD's afternoon walk


Hi, my name is JD and I am a 9 year old blue heeler

I was taking a nap and my Momma said"JD, you want to go for a walk?"


I of course said yes, because I love to go with my Momma

She took me to the Park "Yippee" "Let's go Momma"

I smell all kinds of things here


Let's go this way Momma




She decided to go look at this building, she called it
a Gazebo




I think there's something in these bushes







We went done by the play ground, a little boy starts yelling

"WOLF, WOLF", I looked around, no wolf, didn't smell

one either...my Momma laughed.... don't know what was

so funny





Momma decided to go towards the water

I am kinda thirsty from all this walking






We go across a bridge, she takes more pictures


















we're on the other side now











More water....







Ducks....I wish I was off this leash....

cause I would be chasing those ducks....












Mom lets me get a drink...

Darn....the ducks flew away....

Maybe next time...







Let's head back




My Momma stops to look at this tree...

I bet there's something good up in there...


We had a nice walk...I like going with my Momma

especially since we didn't have to take Bliss...Nolan.. and Jake



I love my family...I watch out for all of them

When a storm is headed our way I start barking to warn everyone

My Momma calls it sounding the alarm

I take good care of Bliss, groom her everyday and sit on

her in the winter when she is cold...she thinks she is the

boss of me so I let her think so...I love to ride in my Momma's

truck...and go to the bank or go over to Grandpa's house, he let's

me come inside...and his neighbor has chickens so I chase them off.

I put up with Nolan he's a little to loud for me and Jake he seems

like a nice guy...he likes to be loved on like me.....but I don't tell him that


Hope your enjoyed our walk as much as me and Momma did...


JD


If you would like to meet other dogs or join in yourself please click on the following link http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/

25 comments:

Tracey said...

Hello there JD,
What a lovely walk you and your momma had and she did such a wonderful post about it!
:) Tracey

Anonymous said...

What a darling post! JD you look like your having such a great time. You really have a beautiful place to walk. Happy Dogs On Thursday!

Kelly B said...

That was just too cute!! How lucky you are to be so near a park as beautiful as that one!! I can understand the child screaming WOLF!! Haha!! I used to think German Shepherds were wolves... when I was little of course. Then my Grams got one and I learned that they were not, in fact, wolves. Lovely post!! :)

Judith said...

what an exciting walk - love all the photos.

please visit my post as I have an award for you. Judith

Loretta said...

JD you are one lucky puppy to have such a good momma who takes you for walks. What a nice day you had exploring your park.

Tanna said...

JD has a GREAT mom! LOL.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Loved seeing jd and the park...I am such a dog lover. We have 6 in our pack. Thanks for the sweet comment you left me on my table post. Now I am off to find more dog stories...

bj said...

What a great place for a good walk...
JD is a good lookin' dog!!

♥ Kathy said...

Oh he's so pretty Deb! And I love that tree at the end :)

Judanna said...

Gee, wish I had been with you. The park is beautiful. JD is a good dog and he does take care of everyone. If you could only read his mind I think he would have said the things you posted.
Mom

Cat said...

Hi, Deb & JD - looks like you guys had a lovely walk! Where do you live in Texas? You'll have to tell me more sometime. I have visited in Plano, Dallas and Ft. Worth - my parents lived there for a few years back in the '80's.

Nancy said...

Hi Ladybug - He's a sweet looking guy. My new granddog is a cowdog and I have a question. Do they ever settle down. She's sweet but oh my gosh is she nuts, too! Can a cowdog ever get enough exercise and live in harmony inside the house? LOL :)Nancy

Carla said...

Hey handsome JD, it is quite a day for a daydream! Thanks for sharing:)

Sue said...

Welcome JD. That was a great walk. We look forward to meeting your friends, too.

Anonymous said...

Where are you?i know you're close to me.This is lovely.And your dog is very smart.ha...Ann

Renna said...

What a nice walk with a nice looking dog!

Chandy said...

That park looks great, where is that? Looks heavenly and your dogs are adorable!

Poppy said...

what a gorgeous dog,I really enjoyed the walk in the park with JD.
poppy

xinex said...

Very cute post, lovely walk, I really enjoyed it, Deb!...Christine

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I so enjoyed that walk w/ you

Janie said...

What a good dog you are, JD. And you were lucky to have such a nice walk.

Kat said...

What a handsome dog! He looks like he really enjoys his walks. What a pretty park, lovely ducks for him to chase lol. And the wolf comment was great. Kathy

Chandy said...

Deb, thanks for letting me know where that park is. I'd love to meet you if ever we get the chance to come by that way.

I have something for you in my blog.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

JD I love your momma also ...she's a neat gal...lucky dog you...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sonya said...

JD, thanks for taking me on your walk. It was a nice one.