Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wild Weather and other ramblings

This was from the rain earlier in the week


Pretty little dove (click on photo to enlarge)

looking to see what the rain knocked out of the trees


my jew was happy for the rain


This was from the rain this morning... a low spot in the driveway




Rain stopped









My daughter bought me the clear/blue umbrella for

my birthday last month...has come in quite handy lately






Here's the cute rain coat she got me from Target


We woke up to JD barking announcing to us all

a storm was headed our way...sure enough BOOM

thunder.....big down pour....rained very hard for a few minutes..

then slowed down for a little while... now it has completely stopped

and the sun is shining....a lot of action in about an hour.....

it might dry out long enough to mow...then we are expecting

rain this weekend...maybe it will wash away the Swine Flu...

they have closed Fort Worth School district for a week...

Texas seems to be getting a lot of reported cases...

I have been giving out hand sanitizer to my family...reminding

everyone to wash their hands frequently...watch out for

coughing sneezing people....they all work out in the community...

I work from home but still being cautious....

9 comments:

Together We Save said...

We are rainey in Tennessee to but not as much as you are. I hope you all stay healthy and away from any swine flu.

Tanna said...

We have been getting the rain, haven't we? It makes me lazy, too! LOL!

Loretta said...

Hi Deb,
We need a few drops up north! We had 5 days of really hot weather (over 90) and I was hoping for a nice thunderstorm to cool us down and give my plants a drink but it never happened. Here we are 3 days later and still no rain. I think NY holds the record for swine flu cases don't we? I think we're up around 75 cases now. In fact the only suspected case in my county is in a nearby nursing home and it's the nursing home my mother-in-law is in! I hear that new cases in Mexico have leveled off. Thank goodness. Stay well. Hugs, Loretta

Susie said...

Maybe it will dry out enough so you can get that lawn mowed.

I think that's great about you giving out the hand sanitizer. Y'all be careful over there.

Tracey said...

Send some rain our way Deb! We sure need it here!!

Sue said...

Hi Deb,
Boy you have been getting rain, loved all the pictures, and I love clicking on them, if people would remember to do that they could see a lot more details. I am getting concerned about this swine flu , and think that we are not being told the truth.
Blessings,
Sue

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

They say about weather in NE - if you don't like it, wait a minute, it will change. Sounds about right for you too.

This flu thing is scary - great idea about the sanitizer!

hugs, Linda

the wild raspberry said...

so much rain here too....getting a little dreary.

Unknown said...

Finally, it has started raining here. Yeah, I don't have to do yard work today.

Sorry it is raining and the swine flu? What next?