Monday, October 18, 2010

what a weekend...

 fun night catching up with gals from high school....

outfit my daughter picked out for me....
new color on left...old color on right...
picked up new paint....started painting...
then....all heck broke loose...
my daughter accidently spilled about 1/2 gallon of paint...
on the kitchen floor...we got it all cleaned up...
no damage....so I started painting the walls...
I'm standing on the kitchen counter...about to paint above this cabinet...
when it came loose from the wall...full of dishes....
and the cabinet and I landed on the floor...
I am underneath the cabinet...
it all happened so fast...but in slow motion...
I got a cut on the top of my foot...
small pieces of glass in my bare feet...
but I didn't hit my head...or break any bones...
my guardian Angel was working over time...
I was standing to the right of all this broken glass...
broken glass every where...

this is where my cabinet used to be...

the pumpkin patch.....

lot's of families...

pumpkins every where....

a cute scarecrow..

more pumpkins...
a carved tree...
a tired family....

I'm a little bruised...sore...
but I survived my weekend...
hubby is back from his bird hunting trip...
I don't think he will leave us girls to our own devices again....
it's a new week....

14 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

My goodness...what a weekend. I am so sorry about the kitchen accident. I hope you are not too sore this morning. You were very fortunate.

God Bless!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Let's see. 4 happenings. HS get together was fun and so was the Pumpkin Patch.

But the *issues,* while trying to paint...... Not fun.

But actually, I'm glad you didn't have a 3rd icky happening. Ya' know how things come in 3's?

Gentle hugs...

Susie said...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt more seriously Deb. Your paint colors look good. Look forward to seeing what it looks like when you are finished.

Jeanie said...

Yikes! I'm glad the paint mishaps didn't cause any worse damage than they did. I'll bet you are sore today.
Sounds like the rest of the weekend was all good. I love pumpkin patches....fun for everyone.

Avril said...

What a busy weekend!! But oh my what a mess .. glad you weren't hurt badly! Love the new colours!
I remember seeing photos from that pumpkin patch last year - my niece and hubby took their two year old there. Maybe they will do the same this year.

Lori said...

Part of your weekend looked wonderful and the other part not so much. Glad you weren't seriously hurt.

Dawn said...

THAT was one eventful weekend!!!!
Glad you're ok!!

Deb said...

I'm glad that you are okay! What an ordeal in the kitchen, but I love the new color. Hopefully your hubby can get the cabinet back on the wall for you!

nanny said...

Oh my, what a mess....
Thankfully you weren't hurt bad!! That could have been really awful!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank goodness you weren't seriously hurt! The pumpkin patch looked like fun!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! What chaos! It could have been so much worse. With my luck if it had happened to me, I would have been knocked unconscious and required stitches. Oh yes, you are very lucky!

I'm glad you still had fun with your friends and family in between :)

~Lisa

Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, my, I guess you weren't kidding--that project did not go well at all. You are so lucky that you did not get badly hurt!

I love that carved tree.

You looked so nice in the outfit your daughte picked out.

Janie said...

Your guardian angel really must have been hard at work. That whole situation sounds scary. Beware painting projects!
Hope you are over the soreness.

Loretta said...

Oh my gosh Deb! I'm so glad you are alright! That truly could have been a disaster. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while. There's so much stuff going on with my mom. Hopefully she'll be home soon for the holidays. Stay safe! Hugs, Loretta