Monday, February 24, 2014

 after a beautiful weekend...
we are cloudy and chilly....
but that's okay...
we had the sun for several days...
I'm not going to be selfish about it...
 
 I have a dilemma...what do you do...
when you see bruises on a friend...
this friend suffers from many illnesses...
so the bruising could be caused from the medications...
this friend did not try to hide them...cover them with makeup...
 
 do you just keep a closer watch...
do you say something...
we didn't notice them the night before...
it's hard to know when to but in...
when to sit back...wait for the correct timing...
 
 I love to people watch...
Ms. D was telling a very animated story...
I didn't hear it...but I could tell from her actions...
I tend to make up stories for people I see out in public...
I put them in roles...decide where they are from..
if they are married or just friends...
what they do for a living...
I have a very active imagination...
what they are discussing...
I wonder if  I am every right....
 
 I've noticed Owls are very trendy in our area...
you see owls on everything...
I remember WAY back in the 70's they were popular too...
 
I almost felt a little wiser....
looking through an owls eye...


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

if you have an opportunity to be with that friend in a quiet, private moment, then ask. give her a chance to open up if she can. don't accuse but open the door and let her know she can talk ANY time. i hope it is just from some other cause...

i liked mrs. d. :)

Michelle said...

I agree with Texwisgirl's advice.

Linda said...

Next thing you know daisies will be popular again!!
I say keep a close watch......pray and speak up if you think that's the right thing to do. This is a sad world sometimes and we are all such needy people!

MadSnapper said...

i could use an owls eye to look through if it would make me wiser...
we had a thrilling moment, at daybreak, just breaking light, I stepped in the back yard to
to talk to Bob and I saw a 24 or large wing spread flying directly at me, and it sat on the edge of the swing set next door. it was the cutest little screech owl. not light enough for a photo, but we watched for 2 minutes , until he flew over our heads and into our fishtail palm. I said to bob that was absolute thrilling... breath taking moment. then we heard his partner calling from the tree one house over.... made our day
we have heard them in our oak tree many times but never seen them..
about the friend, I would ask if she is ok and ask about the bruises, and ask if she needed help. then drop it... i had a friend many years ago that her husband broke her arms and her ribs over and over, putting her in the hospital several times. i know from experience nothing you say will change anything. just offer help and that person has to do it on their own...

Michaele said...

Nice photos! I think it would depend on how good of friends you are. If you are not comfortable or would make your friend uncomfortable maybe she has a close family member you could talk to.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great photos today. I would say just watch your friend unless you suspect something. Some people do bruise badly and I am one of them! However a true friend would like your concern and hopefully not be offended if you did ask.

Judy said...

I love this shot of the peacock, too!!!