Saturday, February 1, 2014

 it was a nice Saturday....
I was able to sleep in a bit...
take my time getting up.....
 
 the guys had to work...
so I got my chores done...
vacuuming...I so love my new vacuum cleaner....
it is like night and day from my old worn out one...
dusting...cleaning....
 
 I finished up my chores about the same time...
as they guys got through working...
Hubby and I went out for a late lunch...
Fajitas at the Wild Turkey...
it's been a while since I've been there...
I love to load up the juke box with our favorite tunes...
enjoy a relaxing lunch...
visit with some of the regulars...
 
then I dropped off Hubby at the house...
went to the Curiosity Shop....
she had posted that they had new movies in....
I picked up 5 new DVD for $10.00.....
My Mom and a good friend had been there earlier in the day...
as I was pulling out of the parking lot...
she called..."are you still there"...no why...
well D had seen a Elvis mouse pad there...
and was kicking herself for not buying it...
so I pulled back in...sure enough...still there...
can't wait to get it to her....
after seeing it...
I understand why she couldn't get it off her mind...
you learn too...if you see something there you want...
you better buy it..cause it will be gone quickly...
I just love Mom and Pop shops...
 a really cool family owns this one...
Tomorrow February 2nd...
is the 100th anniversary of my Nana's Birth....
Miss you ladybug....every single day....
but I know you are in Heaven...
taking care of all the babies....
Happy Birthday Beautiful....


6 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i checked out the store on the FB page. has a lot of beautiful things. this is the kind of store i like to wander in... full of old things from the past... we were just talking this morning about this is the year daddy would be 101...

Nancy said...

I know what you mean about the thrift stores and buying something as soon as you see it... I've been disappointed too many times upon returning to find "my item" is gone.

TexWisGirl said...

good save on the mouse pad. :)

Michelle said...

Glad you saved the day with the mouse pad.

Linda said...

I have not been there yet!! At the Curiosity Shop! I am going to HAVE to go!!!! This time last week I was telling Louis Dean all about the wonderful time I had at your place and around that great campfire!
Wishing you a good Monday and a GREAT week!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you had a great Saturday!