Tuesday, June 19, 2012

At the end of the day...

you know it is funny how things happen through out the day...
then at the end of the day you realize how they all tie together...

you see something on TV...
then someone says something...
then you read an email...
you see something on facebook...
or read a blog post...

a light bulb goes off in your head...
they all tie together....
hmmm....is there a lesson to be learned here....

I had a phone conversation....
we discussed how things aren't always as they seem..
how people see things the way they want to see them...
a perfect family to the outside world...
may be not so in real life....
I see a Barney episode today....
it is about a dragon...everyone is scared of...
because it looks different...
when it fact the dragon is very friendly...
not at all mean and scarey....
then I see something posted on facebook...
about stereotypes....
I read a blog post about MIL's and Mom's roles...
hmmm....is there a lesson to be learned here???

there is an old saying I like...
you can't judge a book by it's cover...
I think that is true for people too....
sometimes you see a beautiful package...
but on the inside...not so beautiful...
or may be a not so attractive outside...
but a heart of pure gold on the inside...
so beautiful that you do not even notice the outside package...
just a thought I had...
at the end of the day...

9 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty deep thoughts for the end of the day. A thought provoking post! I remember the day I was talking on the phone to my mother....I said, "I am going to start looking at my life the way it really IS instead of the way I WANT it to be!" Life has never been the same since! Wish I had come to that way of thinking years and years earlier.

Tanna said...

Great thoughts, Deb... and so very true. I love Linda's comment, too. blessings ~ t.
ps these photos are fabulous!

MadSnapper said...

love the winding thoughts and connections here, and that happens to me also. my question is i am judging the bug in the photo by his/her looks and it looks scary to me. what is it?

TexWisGirl said...

i like synchronicity like that. yes, i do believe angels are trying to get us to understand something when these messages all tie in.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lovely post.... So true....

"Love looks not with the eyes,
but with the mind..."

~W. Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your thoughts, they are so true. These photos are amazing!

Bev said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!!

Susan said...

Wonderful thoughts! And so true, true, true! Wish I could think at the end of the day. I'm brain dead at night!

Carla said...

Nicely put. I like the way you put it all together.