Wednesday, May 6, 2015

can you see the goose bumps???
that water was cold....
but the sun was nice and warm...
Thank you everyone for the well wishes...
and prayers for Stringbean...
he is doing better today....
his fever went up to 104 Sunday night at the clinic...
so scarey...I found out a lot of kids in our area...
have been running high fevers...
I'm ready for it to end...
it's to hard on us Oma's...and Momma's...
not to mention the sweet babies...

As you see...my Dad is not crazy about 
having his photo taken either...
but he puts up with me...

well I think it is finally going to happen...
we are getting chickens...
it has taken a little nudging...
thanks to the help of my Daughter...
we tag teamed Hubby... 
to pen him down...
This sunday...Mother's Day...
we are going to build a chicken coop...
a family project...
with a Brisket dinner as a reward...
we are getting chicks...
so it will be a few months before we can get eggs...
I found a local person that raises organic chickens...

not only will we get eggs...
but more fertilizer for the garden...
less bugs....
I'm feeling almost like a farmer....
I have a few tiny squash and zucchini...
my cucumbers are blooming...

We had thunder storms last night...
not a lot of rain...but every bit helps...
chances of rain all week....
come August we will be crying for rain...
so I'm going to feel blessed with it now...
and we haven't had to turn on the A/C yet...
Happy Wednesday.....
HUMP DAYYYYYY......

2 comments:

MadSnapper said...

and don't forget MORE CAMERA FODDER, the chickens i mean, from baby to grown up and the eggs to...

Tanna said...

I'm excited that you are getting chickens. =) Good eggs to go with your garden foods. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day, Deb! blessings ~ tanna