Sunday, May 31, 2015

 If you live in Texas...
everything thing has been about rain...
flooding...rain...flooding...tornado...flooding...rain...
until now...
it is all about the sunshine...
soaking it up....feeling a smile on your face...

 and wondering when we will be able to use the lakes again...
this is the Trinity River...
not looking much like a river right now...

 A friend was talking about her FitBit...
she got me motivated...
I had a step counter on my phone..
but it was running my battery down fast...
so I bought a FitBit...
and one for my daughter and my Mom...

 so we can motivate...
and challenge each other...
nothing like a little friendly competition...
to get your butt moving...
I was surprised how many steps I take...
just doing my day to day stuff...
my goal is 10,000 steps a day....
 Today we had a Fun Girls day...
we had snacks...conversation...
then went for a walk...
I managed to get over 12,000 steps today...

Girl friends are so important...
I didn't realize how much...
while we were all raising our families...
it was hard to get together...
but now that the kids are grown...
we make it a point to get together...
and after loosing one of our dear friends...
it makes it even more important...
her visitation and funeral are this week...
it's going to be hard...
but having Girl friends will help us make it through...

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i hadn't been south of dallas to see the trinity. wow! i've been glad to stay out of the worst of the flooded areas!

MadSnapper said...

meeting with old friends is a thing i love to do, mine are 400 miles away so it makes it hard. i like all the flood pics, they are beautiful even though they are horrible to.. hope that sun shines for weeks and dries everything out

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, the flooding here in Texas has been horrific! Seeing the photographs from the sky are unbelievable. You took some great shots. I'm so sorry about your friend, so true about how important they are in our lives, thanks for the gentle reminder.

Nancy

Deb said...

Thank you Nancy!

Janie said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.
Amazing photos of the flooding. Seems like it's been feast or famine, water-wise, in Texas.