Tuesday, January 24, 2017




there was so much to see...

art done by local students...
so talented....

You have to love a good pair of boots....

I'm excited I have another photo session Saturday...
with one of my Fun Girls...
I went to highschool with her also...
I'm really blessed to have a group of ladies...
that are real friends...real treasures...

Stringbean has been out of school the last two days...
strep throat...he's a real trouper....
he told me today....
Oma there is one good thing about being sick...
I said what is that...
getting to spend the day with you...
if that doesn't melt your heart nothing will...
he is getting so grown up...

I swear he's taller every morning....
he is really into time...numbers....science...robots...
super heros...
he has his Mom's old fitbit...that boy gets the steps...
it has helped him with his numbers...
14,395 steps...how many do you have Oma???
7,195...then I start walking fast...lol...
he is learning time on a real watch...
not just digital...
he lets you know to the second what time it is...
he is the time keeper at school...
perfect job for him...

I am so excited...
this Sunday....I get to go see....
Dirty Dancing on the big screen...

with a group of my Fun Girls...
when my daughter was almost 2...
she had Chickenpox...a bad case...
the only thing that made her happy...
was watching Dirty Dancing or Grease...
we had the VHS of both...

This afternoon while taking care of all the critters...
Dawg...the Rooster...followed me out of the pen...
he's never stepped out before...
I had my hands full of eggs and buckets...
I sat the eggs down...he flogged them and broke one...
thank goodness the granddogs were gone...
and Rooster was inside...
I stayed really calm told him he needed to get back
in the pen...he kinda prance around a bit...
but let me pick him up...and put him back...
whew....

I had to stop and get gas today...
I drive a Ford Flatbed Truck...
very big...I'm short...
it's always a struggle putting gas in it...
the gas tank is on the flatbed...
you have to hold on to the gas thingy...
the whole time...
only a few stations you can set the little lever
and it will stay...
so I've got it full...
go to pull the gas thingy out...
it is stuck...I pull...
go on other side of it pull...
step back over...pull...
no go...I'm thinking...
I have to be careful so when I pull...
it doesn't get gas all over me...
then I'm on my tippy toes...
trying to see why it's stuck..
thinking to myself...
I don't want to call Hubby...
and have him come pull the stuck gas thingy out...

I finally get a good view...
and wiggle a little each direction...
then it pops out...
whew....what a relief....

sometimes you just have those days...
remembering to stay calm....
sure makes a big difference...


I was in the kitchen fixing tomato soup for lunch...
I hear Stringbean say...
Just call me FLASH...
I walk around the corner...
I hear Siri from my phone saying...
So you want me to call you FLASH...
Stringbean Yes my name is FLASH....


I finally figure out how to change Siri to calling me
Debbie again...
I also found I could change Siri's voice...
to Australian...
so now I have a male Australian Siri...
Electronics...wow have times changed...
Please pray for my BFF her son will graduate
from boot camp this weekend...
he will then be deployed to Afghanistan..
God Bless our military troops and families...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, what a lovely post!!! I haven't been to the Cowgirl Museum but once and that was a long time ago!
Your Stringbean is such a joy and blessing to you. You and he have been my model - the relationship y'all have is so special and I knew I wanted that for me and my grands.
Debbie, I just realized we are going to the ranch Thursday so I won't be here Sunday for the movie. I know I cancel out more times than I show up and I appreciate your graciousness in continuing to include me. You are so special to so many! I am grateful for your friendship....