Sunday, January 15, 2017

 Saturday was a foggy day...
all day long...
I saw a post on Facebook about local parks to visit...
well I found this one...
On Monday Stringbean and took off to find it...
well the Navigation system steered us wrong...
Saturday Hubby took me there....
we had been within a 1/2 mile of the place....
crazy Navigation system...
the fog was too thick to see take offs...

 looks like a robot...lol
I'm definitely going back on a fogless day...
I think Stringbean will like it too...

 you can listen to the air traffic controllers do their job...
there are picnic tables and covered areas too...

 we had another crazy week of weather...
up to 80 a couple of days...
then rain and cold...then fog...
looks like same for next week...
a little roller coaster ride...

 this is Stringbeans sand art we did on Friday...
he really has a flair for it...

 this is mine...
a little trip to the beach at home...

 I've been doing a little playing with my camera...
learning more of the features...
working on my indoor not good light shooting...

 of course I had to share my ladybug...
my Mom made this cross for me...
a pendant we wore to my Nana's funeral...
the pearls were hers also...
makes me smile every time I look at it...

This belonged to my Grandpa Nolan...
he picked it up on one of his many trips to Mexico...
it's chipped...but for some reason...
it connects me to him...
Hubby doesn't understand it...
but every time I look at it...
I smile and think of my Grandpa Nolan...
isn't it funny how something...
a object...a smell...a food...a song...
brings that person back...even for a few moments...
Happy Sunday....

1 comment:

MadSnapper said...

looks like a fun place, I love the statues. it would be fun to watch the planes taking off throught the robot eyes