Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Four o'clocks and morning glory






I always look forward to my four o'clocks blooming...
they always remind me of my great Aunt...
that is where the original seeds came from...
I also love morning glories....
the heart shaped leaves...
I don't have a lot of blooms yet...
but just seeing the leaves makes me smile...

Does anyone remember when laundry detergent
had prizes in it??
I remember my Mom getting glasses...
dish towels....wash clothes...
oh the good old days....

9 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I remember the laundry detergent with prizes! So fun! Why can't they do fun stuff like that anymore.
Love your flowers Deb, I do love morning glories, aaah summer!
I wish we were closer we could have a grandma taking care of grandbabies club!
Hugs,
Cindy

Michelle said...

Love those Four O' Clocks. My mom always grew them and I have some this year.

Linda said...

I remember those days!! The dish towels and glasses!
I used to have 4 O'clocks a long time ago. Thanks for the good memories.

Anonymous said...

I have not seen Four-o'clocks or Morning Glories in years. These are just gorgeous! Hugs

Clint said...

Cindy recalls that Breeze detergent had a dishcloth in it. She remembers Dolly Parton as the spokesperson for it on the Porter Wagoner show.

Deb said...

I didn't know that about the detergent but I bet it was fun!

Bev said...

I have never heard of a Four O Clock flower! Man what I learn with this blogging....and I don't EVER remember prizes in laundry...but then maybe not in Canada?

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohh sooooo pretty!

Since I'm "as old as the hills," I had to be around for the "gifts" in detergent boxes, but I don't have a specific memory of them. :-)

~♥~

Janie said...

Your blossoms are looking beautiful. I don't remember detergent prizes. I do remember Green Stamps. I was always pretty pleased when I had enough to buy something fun.