Monday, June 20, 2011

Mockingbird Hill....



Tra la la, tweedle dee dee dee

It gives me a thrill

To wake up in the morning

To the mockingbird's trill

Tra la la tweedle dee dee dee

There's peace and good will

You're welcome as the flowers

On Mockingbird Hill



When it's late in the evening I climb up the hill

And survey all my kingdom while everything's still

Only me and the sky and an old whippoorwill

Singin' songs in the twilight on Mockingbird Hill


I've been seeing a lot of Mockingbirds...
and they are quite the show offs...

I guess that is why they are the state bird....
of TEXAS....


Tra la la, tweedle dee dee dee

It gives me a thrill


10 comments:

Reena said...

That was so much fun and cleverly done, my friend! Great pics!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Raise your hands! All who remember that song! :-)

Happy Midsummer's Eve
~♥~

TexWisGirl said...

oh you got some great shots of his Texas bravado! :)

Darla said...

You have some great captures of the Mockingbird here...you know they will dive bomb you if you get too close to their nests, :)

Bev said...

The first time I saw a mocking bird... there was a man whistling...then this bird copied him... this continued...I had never seen or heard a mockingbird before that! Amazing pictures!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I learn something new everyday! I didn't know they were your state bird. I think our's is the cardinal. And I hope those fire's aren't getting to close to you. I worry about my brother in AZ. he lives near Flagstaff and they had a bad one last year.
Take Care Deb and enjoy your week!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I like to whistle at them in different tunes, and they whistle back. It's fun to play with them. They sure are chatter boxes! I like the pictures, as usual.

Jenny said...

What a neat post!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Finally getting around to catching up with all of my favorite blogs. Thank you so much for your kind words last week--they were much needed and much appreciated.

I loved the tree post and, of course, the cacti! My cactus seeds have started to sprout--I hope I can keep them going.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Amazing photographs! I will have to google the mockingbird call, I don't know if I know it!