Thursday, June 16, 2011


I had a hummingbird last night...
they love the 4 o'clocks...
but I wasn't able to get a photo...
he/she was too fast for me...

big goings on in downtown Dallas today...
the Mavericks are having a victory parade...
and celebration...
thousands of people will be calling in sick today....
guess they have "Maverick" fever....
No "Maverick" fever here...
you won't catch me any where near downtown...
at 4:45am people were already lining up...
for a 10 o'clock parade....
now that is dedication....
or is is addiction???
potatoe...
patatoe...

I just hope everyone minds their manners....
sometimes crowds...turn into mobs....
do you enjoy going to events like this???
with people elbow to elbow???
I'm not a crowds person...
I don't enjoy elbow to elbow...
tends to make me cranky...

8 comments:

missing moments said...

I am so with you on crowds ... make me very cranky! And lines ... really dislike waiting in lines for anything or anybody. At this age in life, there are a lot more interesting things I want to be doing!
;-)

TexWisGirl said...

both my hubby and i attended the cowboy superbowl parade (in separate places) and that was enough for me... that turned ugly and stupid...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Nope! I'm not a crowd lover!

But I hope everyone who likes this stuff, has a marvelous Celebration!!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

~♥~

Bev said...

NOPE..no crowds for me!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I like your pics Deb!
I don't like big crowds either but would probably go if it was something really special!
We have two hummingbirds that are constantly fighting near our front porch. They are noisy and fight like crazy!
Kind of funny, but it always makes me jump!
Hugs,
Cindy

Darla said...

Hard to capture those fast hummers. Great photos today...nope not a crowd person either.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful plants! No I do not go to events like that. I do well to deal with the shopping crowd on grocery buying day. No elbows to elbows for me. Hugs

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I was in Dallas today--- but no where near the parade! No way, uh-huh.
Stayed clear of that.
Yay! Mav's...