Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Can you say MOO...
How about Gobble Gobble....
I'm sure you guessed by now...
someone went to a Petting Zoo...


yep we braved the heat....
there was some shade there...
and a breeze..warm...but a breeze...


it is just a few blocks from the house...
it is free...and closes at the end of the month..
so we braved the heat...
it's not going to cool off any time soon...


the ducks were staying nice and cool...
they had the best spot in the whole farm...

a sweet little deer...
this guy was strutting his stuff...
he even had a mirror to look at himself...
it was worth braving the heat for a few minutes of beauty...



15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you were very brave!

Michelle said...

Those ducks do have the best spot.

Tanna said...

Whew! You get points for braving the heat!! That peacock is gorgeous! Did he look at himself in the mirror??

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Great pictures! I miss getting out and doing things like this but dang it is so so hot I water my plants and take care of the farm animals and then I am back inside. Sad right.
Glad u enjoyed your day
Love
Maggie

Jeanie said...

It looks like a great place and the price is right. I might have waded right in with the ducks.

Unknown said...

The heat... funny how the animals don't sweat? How are you holding up?

Cynthia

Dolores said...

A nice variety of animals. You captured some sweet photos. The goat is my favorite.....

Janie said...

A petting zoo is always fun for the little ones.
I love your cloud header, Deb.

Reena said...

Oh, had to be so hot for you and the animals!

Linda said...

I love that place!! This is the first year I have not been. Once when Amber and Ben were little I took a picnic and the turkeys (they roamed loose at that time) practically attacked us!!
That is a jewel of a place!

Poopers AKA 2Ply said...

Did Little Britches go too? Sounds like fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! Sometimes, we have to press on, even through the heat. Stay cool, my friend.

Deb said...

That is brave. I can barely set foot outside the house when it's this hot. The peacock is very pretty, I see why he needs a mirror.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Good Oma! To brave the heat! I'm too old for such bravery. :-)

~♥~

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice petting zoo. My kids and grand kids loved petting zoos when they were younger. I still enjoy them. :) Hugs