Sunday, July 24, 2011

sunday breakfast....

gottcha.......

shhh....it's okay....
your gonna feel a little stick.....

finally.....he was a noisy one....

okay....now I've gotta get a better grip....

he's a big one...
the family is gonna be proud...

he oughta feed us for a day or two....

honey I'm heading home.....

up we go.....

I think I can....I think I can...

ready for lift off......

I saw this hornet snatch the locust cicada out of tree...
fly down to the ground....screaming....
put it to sleep....
load it up....
fly off....
Sunday morning breakfast......

Hope your all staying cool....
it will be a nice 103 today.....

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

great series! amazing he can loft that thing!

pbrenner said...

That is really something, it's wonderful that you captured this on film!
Patty

Jeanie said...

What a good eye you have to have caught this. The pictures are really good.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I don't think I want my own breakfast now. -giggggles-

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Ok, I thought you were going to show us fancy pancakes, LOL! Glad I saw this after my breakfast!

Dolores said...

These are an incredible series of photos....you're good girl!

Sue McPeak said...

You were in the right place at the right time to capture this amazing series....you are a PhotoEntomologist and I'm definately not up for any breakfast!

Nancy said...

Kind of gruesome, but everybody's got to eat. Super captures, Deb. :)

Leontien said...

oh wow, that is something of a lunch! Amazing those little bugs!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

Michelle said...

Pretty cool photos, but kind of icky!

Reena said...

That was a great set of photos and story!
So much fun looking at the world at their level!

Linda said...

absolutely amazing! Who needs tv when you have NATURE???

Brandy Marie said...

How awesome is that?! Ive only seen things like this on Discovery or NatGeo. Great great shots!! :) :) _B