Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Road trip

got up sunday morning....
and decided to take a road trip....
this is where we ended up.....
we were headed to the Brazos River...
saw the sign for the state park....
decided why not....we've never been there...


isn't this the coolest picnic area....

hey hubby.....I want one of these....
 we have the rocks to do it with....
hint....hint....hint...

I wonder how old these rocks are.....


a view of the lake....

there is a little island...
nice place for a picnic in the fall....

there are plenty of camping spots...
RV spots...and screened in shelters....
this fellow had the right idea.....
these guys said the fishing was good....
it was a nice road trip....


15 comments:

Karen said...

Great pictures! I've never been to this area.. but then, we know how big Texas is, don't we?!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Dawn said...

Nice to see some green in Texas, from the news I thought the whole state had dried up!

Jeanie said...

The stone structures are very cool.
I love a good road trip.

TexWisGirl said...

we've talked about putting in a brick or stone grill too. just haven't forked over the money for it.

Bev said...

Looks wonderful...have to keep it in mind for our Texas trip!

Reena said...

Road trips can be fun ... as your was! Love the guy with the umbrella!

Deb said...

I've been wanting to check that lake out. Thanks for posting, it looks pretty there.

Anonymous said...

Lovely little trip!

Hope I can comment here..

Tanna said...

Girl, y'all are brave taking on the heat for a road trip!! Love that stone fireplace! blessings ~ tanna

Diana LaMarre said...

Beautiful scenery, Deb.

I want one of those stone outdoor fireplaces, too!! The odds of me getting one are about one in two zillion. I hope your odds are better! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice park. I want one of those too but we don't have the rocks and hubby is too old to build it. :) Hope your hint, hint, hint works it would be great to have one. Great pictures. Hugs

Unknown said...

That is the coolest picnic area. It looks like you had fun. Did you go fishing?

Cynthia

Leontien said...

It looked like you had a great time!!!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

Janie said...

I really like the old picnic table.
Looks like a fun place to spend the day.

Dolores said...

Looks like a great road trip..... love the picnic table, benches and pit.....