Monday, July 18, 2011

Saturday fun...

Saturday morning hubby and I were talking...
what should we do today after we get our errands done...
we were thinking about going to the horse track....
while out on our errands....I got a text from friends...
they were headed to the horse track...
would we like to meet them...
great minds think alike I guess..
I was excited..yeah I can take photos of the horses...
I'm not a gambler...but I enjoy watching them run....

even though it was over 100 degrees...
I was prepared to brave the elements....
when we got there I found out...
the night before was the last night of live racing..
until September....
there was only simulcast racing going on....
not to interesting to me.....
watching on a small screen....
but I did enjoy the good company...
cooled off with a nice cold margarita....


I decided to go outside and brave the elements...
to show you a few photos of the horse track...
without the pretty horses though..
without the thousands of people also...

can you hear the thunder of hoofs?...


the cheers and moans of the excited people???

I had it all to myself....
who else would go outside in 100 degree weather...
to take photos of a empty place...

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

some crazy Texan, that's for sure...

Reena said...

I think that day called for more than 1 margarita!

Michelle said...

I love a little horse track action! Too bad there was no live race, but it looks like you made the best of it :)

Brandy Marie said...

Awe. Lovely photos :) I spent most of my childhood between my grandparents house and the track. My grandfather raised, trained and raced 2yo quarter horses. Glad you had fun despite the heat! Thanks for sharing :) _B

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Having a drink in good company - always fun. At the race track better with the runners I think. Great set of photos though Deb.

Thanks for your kind and supportive comments at mine recently. Have been having difficulty getting on to your site but today I did it! A x

Linda said...

The Margarita is right up my alley!! I am NOT a gambler!! TOO stressful! However you had a good time at the track and took some great pics! Great Sat!!!