Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just checking in....

This is my daughters blog...
she started it to have a journal of her adventure...
I got to hear her voice today...it was nice...
we've been texting and facebooking...


I didn't know that I had a vistor when I took the first photo...

Mr. Mockingbird...likes the berries...

I'm not sure what this plant is....
but it comes back every year...
 the birds love them...

hope your having a great 4th of July...
we get little britches tonight...
going to a hamburger cookout...

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so glad to see she's getting settled (even if her photos are sideways!) ha!

what an adventure! i know you miss her and worry about her, but her blog is a great way for her to share days with you!

nancygrayce said...

Glad you got to talk to her! It's hard when our children venture out and that's a long way to venture!

Pretty pictures, love the bird!

Linda said...

I love the communication tools we have now days! Hearing her voice makes a HUGE difference! Did you share a link to her blog?

Stacey said...

How cool that you can communicate with your daughter in Argentina. I'll have to read back and see why she is there. A mission trip, maybe?

You are going to crack up about that plant...it's poke salat. Remember the song, Poke Salat Annie? Same thing! Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokeweed

We have it growing next to our house every year. You are right - the birds love it!