Friday, November 9, 2012

Do we????

 more me embracing Fall...
it is hard to believe it is November..
and our leaves are just starting to fall...
 
we are starting a new tradition....
LEAVES.... 
 throwing....playing...running...
raking...piling...LEAVES...
 
 Hotrod is embracing it also...
he is very good at throwing leaves...
 
 
running through the leaves...


repeat...over and over again...
I want him to experience all the things I did as a child...
all the things my kiddos experienced...
out door fun...imagination fun...
we have a saying at our house...
Too much TV turns your brains to Mashed potatoes...
we sure don't want that...
Do We????
 

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

enjoy the fall warmth while we have it. they're saying rain and cold front by sunday/monday. :)

Jeanie said...

It looks like he is enjoying it all just the way you want him to. Our leaves are almost all off the trees, but still lots on the ground to play with.....at least until tomorrow when it is supposed to snow.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Not only too much tv, but too much of all those techy things, which are so popular with children. Ugh! I get so tired of seeing adds, for them. Ugh....

Memories of Autumn leaves! Now that is a fantastic way to make memories.

As I've said so many times, Hot Rod is a lucky, lucky little boy. :-)))

MadSnapper said...

he is having a blast, kids need to play like that, no computer toys to learn, life is more important and enjoying the out doors, even when it is cold, being bundled up and breathing cold air is healthy. i grew up without TV and my boys were 8 and 10 when we got one.

Janie said...

Every kid should have the opportunity to have simple fun in the outdoors. I agree, TV is not the way for kids to learn. At HR's age, my boys would load up their toy dump trucks with leaves and have a wonderful time. And later, they made leaf forts, or jumped in the leaves. Tons of fun to be had in the autumn!

Judy said...

Your leaves are falling, and they aren't even pretty colours! I bet you don't have ice on the ponds either? Wouldn't you rather be Canadian?
My daughters will both be home in less than a month!!! I am so happy! I have not seen DD2 from Newfoundland in 2 years!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, they need to play outside.
Leaves are so much fun, I remember enjoying them as a kid.

Judy said...

I love the leaves on Hotrod's head in the last photo!!